I happened to notice this is one of the most popular fonts running on MyFonts, and I think it's absolutely beautiful. Clean and perfect for many modern/sans headlines.

The thing is, I swear it already exists as an OpenType font -- is this a knock-off of a similar design?

Samples:

http://www.insignedesign.com/Typeface.aspx?FamilyName=Aviano%20Sans

Thank you in advance,

RKM

@wpb:I happened to notice this (Aviano Sans - kk) is one of the most popular fonts running on MyFonts

Is that so? And if so, how come wtf's matcher doesn't recognize it? Nor anything that comes even close!

Well, if you like MyFonts.com's 'Best Sellers' it comes up in the top 10, or at least it did the day I posted, which is what caused me to learn about it.

I'm not sure -- is WTF the definitive guide to whether there is anything similar, or is it a tool to help? If it's the definitive guide, I apologize for posting here.

Just that by looking at the font, it looks tremendously familiar. And for a font-matcher not to come up with suggestions on a sans font, that does not make sense to me. My gut tells me I've seen this before and before I go out and drop money on it, I wanted to make sure I was buying the original.

Nope wft is not the definitive guide. It can - and often will - produce weird results.

I was just wondering ... one might expect that if a font is in their bestsellers list the matcher would show it, and one or some that look similar. It did not and still doesn't.

I agree, it gives a familiar feeling, know it, know it, but what was it again?? But with all the digging I can't find anything that comes really close. Not even the expanded version of the Futura (URW) or Fantazia's Roman18, while the M shouts Futura all over the place.

Almost each character matches one in another font but then not the rest.

So I'm afraid it is shake out the money time.

Thank you Koeiekat. The fact that it strikes you the same way, yet you can't find anything either, makes me feel better! Looks like I've found one more font I "have to have" - when will it end, oh when... :-).

@wpb: ... when will it end, oh when... :-).

Never. Never ever, I'm afraid.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing