Font Identification Request: Resolved

I am looking for the font used in the TV series, Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

[DEL]

Twentieth Century Poster

although the ampersand appears to be different font

The font identified as Anna ITC

For camparison - Twentieth Century Poster

[DEL]

You know after I posted that (figuring I just had a bold version-admittedly I was in a rush) I saw I had a match with a font called Asia.

It would seem that Asia is a renamed Anna.

I meant to post back with Asia but just forgot about it.

But, the Twentieth Century Poster at identifont is not the same as what I have. The character set is different.

Well I did some checking as I thought the 2002 on that font creation didn't make sense as I knew I'd had that font for quite a while. My Twentieth Century Poster is 1998 Monotype. So it would seem they updated it in 2002. The older version is very close to ITC's Anna, created in 1991. I wonder if there was an issue with that and so Monotype updated and made alterations?

Regardless I appreciate you catching my error. It would bug me if someone misidentified a font I was looking for.

The font Asia is a knock - off of the Anna ITC, made by Bay Animation Inc. (which is infamous clone producer).

The copy of the Tw. Century P. (Monotype Corp.) you have is an older version. It was forced off from distribution. Probably, the version which is sold now and displayed at the Identifont, is a reworked font.

[DEL]

lol I updated my post right when you replied.

[DEL]

[quote]@RF:The font Asia is a knock - off of the Anna ITC, made by Bay Animation Inc. (which is infamous clone producer).

The copy of the Tw. Century P. (Monotype Corp.) you have is an older version. It was forced off from distribution. Probably, the version which is sold now and displayed at the Identifont, is a reworked font.[/quote]

yeah I see the Asia is dated '94 by that Bay company.

So many copies and renames nowadays too. Here at this site I've already seen like 3 knockoff/renames of a Corel font called President.

well, I better get back to work ;)

Glad to help :) I just passed by and noticed the inconsistence.

BTW, where is koeiekat? Haven't seen him/her for awhile...

[DEL]

lol don't ask me where anyone is, I'm new around here.

@RF:BTW, where is koeiekat? Haven't seen him for awhile...

Yeah I miss him too. Not long ago he sent a mail complaining about airports. (Can't remember the exact wording). Maybe he is on vacation (hopefully on a relaxing ride) or on a business trip (worst case).

Wow, you people are good. I was hoping this would be a free font..........but, where do you recommend purchasing this. I don't want the entire family and I will need a True Type. I think that will work on my Vista (arg) system

Thanks for all your help!

[DEL]

Go to Linotype, the TrueType is $24, cheaper than anybody else. Plus that's the full character map with small caps also.

Thanks again for the help.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing