Font Identification Request: Not resolved

Not too long ago I came across a font called Denslow, named for W.W. Denslow, the artist who illustrated the original Wizard of Oz book by L. Frank Baum. I downloaded it free from the internet but can not find it anywhere now.

For some reason I can't find it again and I not only loved it, I need for an upcoimng project.

See the attached image and please help me if you can.

Much obliged,

AD

TheSpaceBeagle

Did you have any luck finding this?

One of the closest matches are :

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/4500

but nowhere near. Looks like a Letterhead Fonts...but maybe noone recreated that old classic.

I've actually found the original font. It's called Denslow indeed. It has no copyright or any other information in it—just says that it was generated by Fontographer in 2002.

I don't know what one does in such a case in terms of distribution.

Where did you see that font? Can you upload it here or provide the URL?

It was sent to me by someone who had it. As I say I am not certain about the legalities of it being further distributed.

Actually I notice that you are distributing two of MY fonts here, and I'm not sure I'm very happy about that, as they are Out Of Date.

I will send you a private message with my email address and you can send me the latest versions of your fonts and i will replace them.

Also, please let me know if your fonts are free for personal, commercial use and/or distribution.

My Everson Mono fonts are shareware (not that most people pay), and the most current versions of my fonts are always on my own website. I would prefer that you link to my fonts, not host the fonts yourself, since I update them.

See http://www.evertype.com/emono

I uploaded the font i downloaded from the URL you provided but it seems to have spacing issues, at least on AF's Linux servers. Attached is the preview generated...

I'm not having issues with the font on my own machine (Mac running Leopard), and if you are I think it is a question of what software you are using. In any case, I would prefer that you link to my fonts rather than hosting the fonts yourself, since I update them.

AF uses standard Linux font rendering engine, FreeType.

We do not link to the fonts since it is a very unreliable way as URLs always change and it would be very labour-intensive to maintain those offsite links.

Displays fine under windows. I personally find the letter spacing on the wide side. But that is personal taste.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing