Font Identification Request: Resolved

Hi I am trying to find a font that matches the typewriter style font used in the opening credits of the original Mission Impossible TV series... Any ideas please?

Ever thought about the good old fashioned Courier?

Fairly close in parts but things like the lower case 'g' is way off

Is that so?

I'm sorry I was a bit too quick here. No, not a Courier. I mean the Typewriter (the Monotype version to be exact).

Mea culpa. But Mission accomplished ...

With the typewriter-based type style from the "Mission: Impossible" titles having been successfully identified, now comes a much more difficult request to honor: CORRECTLY identifying the stencil font that was used in the very same titles--the word that almost literally explodes onto the screen as the theme music winds down. In other words, the font that was used to spell out the word "IMPOSSIBLE" in the titles is what is being requested here.

No clue what you mean. Do we INCORRECTLY ID fonts all the time?

In response to koeiekat's posting: No, the other members of this forum do not INCORRECTLY identify fonts all the time. It is simply that this user's search for the correct font in this case has repeatedly failed.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing