Font Identification Request: Resolved

I found this font but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi Dani, this is the Goodfellow / Rugklacht. Goodfellow is now a commercial font, Rugklacht is free.

Edit:

P22 has a somewhat lighter version of the Goodfellow named Victorian Swash.

Burtons nightmare is made after the title of the film which used originally the P22 Victorian Swash, I think. Or is it just a clone?

P22 Victorian Swash

Designed by: Richard Kegler, Amy Greenan, 2000

Burtons Nightmare

Submitted: Aug 7th, 2001 by alex. With a 1993 Scriptorium Font Library shareware copyright marker, ASCII 126:

Burtons Nightmare 2000

Burtons Nightmare2000 is a registered trademark of Mitron Creations (2001).

Goodfellow

Designed by: David Nalle, 1993.Also with the Scriptorium Font Library shareware copyright marker, ASCII 126.

Rugklacht J

Copyright 1995, Julius B Thijssen. Thanks to David F Nalle for his work on the Goodfellow-font, which has been inspiration for making the Rugklacht-font. Version: Immortalware:09091995.

I wonder dear Swallow, I wonder ...

Thank you so much!

@Kkat: Aha! Interesting. Let's see what Richard Kegler (chiefcommander from P22) says about Victorian Swash: "Victorian Swash was inspired by the willowy, delicate face 'Columbian', which has also been known in recent years as 'Glorietta'. The P22 version includes 'snap-on' flourishes based on the original 'Columbian' ornamental embellishment designs."

Have your shovel nearby? Glorietta gives it a whole new light ... ;-D

PS: Is the abbreviation SFL familiar for you?

SFL = Scriptorium Font Library. See my edits above.

Thank you. So this is a Dave Nalle-creation?

Difficult to come to another conclusion. P22 just added the higher ASCII. Big deal.

Yet in my perception the word design means something a bit more than that.

Yet another one, the Bluegum Forest, 1998 Tris Nguyen / Postsadness. Based on the Glorietta typeface.

@koeiekat:Difficult to come to another conclusion. P22 just added the higher ASCII. Big deal.

Yet in my perception the word design means something a bit more than that.

I've worked on almost 90% of David's characters in the font, and changed hinting and some vector-points too. (If you zoom in you will discover this.) On a printed page this makes quite the difference. It was done for a big poster advertisement here at the time, for which a variation on Goodfellow was requested for a lot of characters. The people liked Goodfellow, but could not stand half of the design, so I put my vision in it, highly based on their wishes (which I actually agreed with).

If I remember correctly (by head) I did not agree with David's taste regarding the F, f, P, S, T, t, J, j and some others, plus the missing paragraph symbol, é, à and some others, were crucial enough to warrant a new font.

I haven't looked at the P22 version yet, but it sounds like that was based on my interpretation of the Goodfellow font.

Regards,

Julius

@ Julius:

Thanks for the explanation. The discussion with my friend the Swallow was merely about 'who was first'. And that was Goodfellow, as Swallow later added based on the same original that P22 referred to. My mentioning of Goodfellow and Rugklacht J in combination was based on the sample shown. For the word Macbeth one can use either one of the two to get exactly the same result. Had a word been shows with the F, J, P or S the outcome would have been different. About the s I am not so sure although, yes, there are some (minor) changes. I see no difference in hinting. But, if you say so ...

P22's Victorian Swash and Dan Solo's Glorietta are different digitalisations. My remark was on the use of the word 'design'. All are based on one and the same; the Columbian. So imho P22's claim 'Designed by Richard Kegler and Amy Greenan' is bs. In this case I may even shout: BS!

En, ehh, ja, Rugklacht ziet er beter uit dan Goodfellow ...

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing