Font Identification Request: Resolved

Morning all, how are you?

Any ideas what the Howards font is

Thanks for all help

Regards

Gary

Health & FItness was typeset in Futura Book.

Howards - is another story... and one I don't know. Sorry.

Thanks for the first bit Heron, as with you the Howards was the one that was getting me.

No cigar today for either of us!

I wonder if the Kat will know this one?

Regards

Gary

You did not really do your search first, did you Gary? Or weren't you eager enough?

Hi Kat, what can I say!

Couldnt find this one, I WTF'd it but no joy.

I remain a mere mortal!

Many thanks Kat, have a good day.

Regards

Gary

WTF has a better reputation than it actually deserves, according to The Kat. It only knows commercal fonts. That is OK. But too often it does not show the correct solution while if you found the font by other means and the search WTF for that font it will show.

Ergo, WTF does a sort of quick and dirty scan and when you're lucky you get the right answer.

The Kat admits that the chances are better than with 'el Gordo'. But then, that is easy.

Hi Kat, I have to agree with you that the odds vs. WTF and El Gordo come out on the side of WTF and I have proof:-Please see the above image of my El Gordo ticket from December! Which as you may have guessed is NOT a winning ticket.

Have a good day

Regardsio from Spainio

Garyo

¡?20,-! That would buy you a nice font.

Regards from sunny and green Extremadura.

Kat - I think it is time we change your brand of catnip.

WTF is an excellent stie - you are right it is for the person who wants to buy a font - and that is what they do sell fonts.

Please don't knock it. I know I haven't been spending as much time there as I use to -- many more regulars these days - but it is still excellent - and maybe old pros like are just aren't into the freebie/shareware fonts as much.

Many there, like myself, were professionals working in typeshops -- with manufacturers that had limited type libraries.

Do you realize the average person can now own a type library (for free) larger than the type library of the largest type houses in NYC - in it's hey-day?

No need to get upset - if you were at all that is. I said WTF knows commercial fonts and that is OK. So, that is OK. I - we - do not expect WTF to know of or even make people aware of freebees. What I mean is this: you submit an image to WTF, say a 300 dpi, 2 bits, max 150 pix height or width per character, nicely cleaned up. In many cases WTF will give a correct answer. Specially when it comes to well designed serifs and sans'. On the other hand, in many cases WTF comes up with solutions that are not even close. Or, rather, close to close. This is most times the case with display/ornamental, script, handwriting etc.

Now, suppose you happen to be rather sure that the one you are looking for is almost certainly a commercial font. Say somewhere between 99 and 200. So you match the thing yourself and you find the match. And, indeed it is commercial. So you type the name of the thing in the WTF search box. And, you know what? Yes. The thing pops up.

That's why I said what I said about WTF's reputation. I don't think I said - and never meant to say that WTF is no good. Because it is pretty good. And flaming fast too. It just has its limitations. Gary may remember that he did a search some time ago on WTF and he got no result. I did the same with the image he gave us and ... I got the match just like that.

That was all it was about.

BTW, always in for new catnip ...

Thanks for the explanation

BTW - for best results in WTF - keep it 72dpi and no more than 5 inches wide...

It has been a long day for me, Ive missed all this! All we need is the 'Arabic ghost' that cant say please and weve got a real party!

Hey Ho!

Regards

Gary

"that can't say please and we've got a real party!"???

Please tell us what that means...

Thanks,

Evening Heron, remember the Raghu and his alias Naji Tilley and the Optima font?

Vaguely - is Gary one of them?

Or can someone help and spell this out?

:-)

Sorry to sound so dense.

Hi Heron go to page 2 and the 5th & 20th threads from end.

Hopefully all will be revealed.

(Or have I got a warped sense of homour?)

Regards

Gary

Gary,

Are you letting us know we are disturbing your sleep? Everytime we send a message to each other - you just have to look in, even though you know the answer was given?

And yes, I am known for a slightly warped sense of humour - mum was English afterall....

Dubai, Dubai, they don't know how to say please in Dubai.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing