Font Identification Request: Not resolved

Hi all, I am new here and I am in need of some help finding out the name of this font. If anyone knows what the name of this is, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

What is this? A w? A W? 7Al? And why do these dreadful frakturs keep popping up?

It a 'W'

@koeiekat: And why do these dreadful frakturs keep popping up?

I know many bands (Radiohead, for one) have made their websites VERRRY fraktur-heavy. It seems to be a strong influence on t-shirt design at the moment too, i.e. flowy, dense lines, faded and distressed lettering. frakturs lend themselves to that.

Just my take. I've seen a lot of them lately.

edit to say: i must say I'm guilty of giving in to them once or twice!

@Geoff:I know many bands (Radiohead, for one) have made their websites VERRRY fraktur-heavy. It seems to be a strong influence on t-shirt design at the moment too ...

You are not suggesting that that makes'm less dreadful, are you?

Well, it would be interesting to know what brought about their renaissance. Design is such a strange entity. On one hand we have the Ikea-ification of the world and on the other hand we have the chaos that makes up contemporary print design (to which I might add: BLEGH!).

Truth be told, I DO prefer a cleaner type...;)

A rarity used for weddings and church things, rather innocent, and of course neo-nazism - not so innocent. Picked up from the latter by the skinhead scene - also not so innocent. Picked up by the house-rock scene who never heard of the roll. Picked up by followers who had no idea what it was, but it looked aggressive so it was good. Picked up by 10 year olds who have been denied an education in recent history, so it was cool. That is why I don't do this shit. With the rare exception when I think there is a friendly person behind the question. Isn't renaissance a nice thing?

Ahhh, That's right. I suppose in America, the fraktur style is not as culturally tainted with the trappings of fascism. The use by Radiohead of the overly ornate capitals in their iconography is meant, I suspect, to reflect that but they ARE European.

I guess I'm interested in the more contemporary version of the style, where ornate, chaotic line is melded with a more twentieth century typeface like Times Roman or Garamond (a good example is the Broken Ghost font). It's fascinating that to you it looks aggressive, while to me it looks hopelessly romantic.

I'm enjoying the discussion in this thread. It's a lot more intriguing than: What font is this?

Veil Glück und Liebe zu Alles!

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing