Font Identification Request: Not resolved

Hello all! Naturally, as a newbie I have question IDing a font I like.

I've been to every 'typefinder' I can find on the web - this appears to be one obscure font, if indeed it's actually a font. Could it be a custom logo?

I think the style is transitional and the serifs are wedge. The graphic dates from a scan of the original printing of the book in 1969 - that may be a clue. It's very elegant.

Any help/leads _really_ appreciated! Thanks...

Ralph

The only one I know that comes a bit close is the Perpetua. I'll give it another try but I doubt I'll find it.

Thanks for lookin'! Perhaps it's old enough that online searching won't help... I think I'll see if my library has font encyclopedias...

I've not seen a font like this with so many "pointed" ends - I guess it was done to give it a subtle gothic/evil look :)

Well, the book was printed in 1969 you say. That was well before the time of digital type. So maybe this one may have escaped digitalization. As the Perpetua was designed in the 30ties it is quite possible that a variation was used for your book.

Just connecting threads. Good catch, I say, dear KKat.

Thanks Swallow. Made me start wondering what Ralph is after ...

So, Ralph, tell us, why did you post a modified image on WTF? Why did you make it look like the t has (I quote you from WTF) «the “stiletto” ends that give it that subtle evil/gothic look» by just, coarsly, splitting the a?

The story continues for those, who are interested. I'M just wondering if Ralph is Nick or is it a nick? :-D.

Funny thing this ralph-nick-reispalm thing. Gets the same answers everywhere and still can't accept it. Probably never heard of lead.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing