Font Identification Request: Resolved

I have tired to find this font for the past couple days now! (see attached file)

Fonts I have tried:

-Bullpen- 'R' is wrong

-Rockwell- close but the O's are not squarish

-Athletic- too thick and O's aren't square enough

I know a font that is similar, Stahl's Varsity, but I can't find it with out having to pay. Can anyone help me???

It looks like it is Stahl's Varsity. You can try the College font...it comes pretty close. From experience, though, matching different athletic fonts is tough. It seems that nobody makes good clones, just different iterations. Usually, if there's just a slight difference, I will convert to curves and modify.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Thanks! I will try that...This customer is REALLY picky...wants it exact but we didn't do it so it is really touch with the distress to recreate text and the same distress...I know that is going to be the next problem!! :(

Yeah I work in a sporting goods print shop and I had no idea that coaches were so freaking PICKY!!! Man, if a name is 1/4 of an inch off, or the wrong thickness of line on the basketball or whatever...they flip! That's the rub on your font request. I would recommend, if your biz can spring for it, buy Stahl's. It is THE go to font for athletic lettering.

Do you know where I can find the best deal on the Stahl's Varsity Font?

You have been a big help thanks!!

Sorry for jumping into this discussion but this is as Geofff said a tricky one. The only one I can find that comes a bit close is Matthew Welch's College. No perfect match though, look at the serifs at the R. I also have doubts about the 2002. Looks to me like a totally different type - rounded corners.

And then of course there is the conflict with the ampersand. But as this seems to be a weird mix anyway who cares to throw in another font to make it look like the example. To me the ampersand looks like the one in 'Lady Ice - Expanded'. But to keep in style with the College you might as well use the ampersand of the 'Featured Item'.

If your client has a better sample we can try again.

Thanks Koeiekat! This is a scan from the sample tee that he left us...I found that Stahl's Varsity the 'M' isn't correct and it isn't lining up as nice as it should. Where can I find this Matthew Welch's College font?

Big brother who whatches over us all and knows everything says this.

Edit:

And before you ask, Goto Fontdiner's silverware page for the Featured Item.

Thanks for all of your help!! I appreciate it!

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing