Font Identification Request: Resolved

Please identify this font if you can.

I believe that is Bradley Hand...although I'm sure Kkat will come behind me with about ten other matches =) A point of advice when using this font...If you need it to be stroked up thicker, set your stroke options to round or it will get really messy.

Good job, Luke, but Bradley Hand seems to be a commercial font and it is ILLEGAL to offer it by sharing. Thank you very much.

Whoops...sorry about that...I found it for free, I didn't know it wasn't.

"not all is free that you found that way" would be the lesson. There are many sites that mistakingly or maliciously post commercial fonts for free download... you have to be careful as if you use the commercial font that you havent paid for in your commercial work(or any other) you might get in trouble...

OK, point taken. I did read the thread about this subject yesterday... Sure don't want to get anybody (including myself) in trouble, just trying to help. An ethics question, though, if you will.

A customer brings their art with a font needing matched, and it's a commercial font. Obviously, the right thing to do is go buy the font and charge the customer for it. But

a lot of people here wouldn't pay for it. They'd just go to another printer who will just get the font however and slap it on there. That affects my bottom line, and I don't want to lose my customers. What to do?

get outlines of the headlines instead of fonts...

get works in PDF format...

require fonts with the job (messy and error-prone)...

Yepp, good advice, Alex. Make sure that the customer (if he doesn't want to pay for a font - brings you files, where all the fonts are converted into paths. So everything is fine. *sigh* I know that this is a vision in an ideal world.

Anyway, thanks, Luke, for editing your message. You are one of the good ones. ;-)

OK. wait a sec. If it's on a text line, it's not OK, but if it's converted to outlines it is? What's the difference? It still looks the same. As for your other points, I do have some customers who are smart enough to send the correct file format with outlines, but I live in backwoods Arkansas for cryin out loud! A lot of the customers I have would just be like "File? Huh?" They just bring me pictures out of catalogs and stuff that they want me to modify a lot of the time.

Yes, Luke, that's right. It has to do with licencing. When your customer designs soemthing with a font and he brings the file to you when the typeface is converted into outlines it is ok. Reason: The licence for using a font is limited to CPUs. So if the customer bought a single licence, it would be illegal to share it with someone else (even if it would be for a project of the customer). Sounds silly? Hmm, well, I didn't make these laws.

OK, then, if I require them to send a font, as Alex said, how is it legal for me to use it? And what if they just bring me a piece of paper with their artwork for me to duplicate and it has a commercial font? I hope I'm not sounding argumentative, I'm just intrigued by this conversation. I really didn't have much idea about any of this stuff.

Well. I guess that about covers it. God knows I've got enough bad karma to work off from my younger days, don't want to add any more ;-) So are all you guys from Canada? I'd love to visit there someday. Probably not till my son's moved out, though. I'm a single dad, so travel isn't really part of the budget these days! Thanks again for everything.

Nah, its only me who's in Canada... This is quite international, with some exceptional english language command, i must add...

Hey, Luke, thanks for sharing your opinion and digging deeper. And I respect everyone who raises children alone. I have the luck to have a second person on my side (which is luckily the mother of the children) who helps me show my children the secrets of life. Good luck, and as I already said, Luke, you are the good one.

BTW, I'm from Austria.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing