can anyone suggest a freeware or shareware truetype font similar to frutiger condensed?

Ok Jeanne, this is a better way to put the question. I'll have a look.

yes, much better... you didnt have to delete, but since you did, i deleted the other message as well.

have you looked at the Sans category as well as its subset Sans-Normal or even Sans-Minimalist? nothing that you liked?

yes i looked thru those categories -

snagged a great one for the future, but for this i need something o-so-clean-&-classic. i originally used frutiger condensed, but this app needs a trutype, and i have only ps.

thanks!

The standard font for Windows Mobile 5 is the Segoe. Amazingly close to the Frutiger Condensed. Google "segoe.zip" or go here.

very very very nice!!!!!!!!

i promise to be nice to ze cats

arigato gozaimas!

For those interested, found this info(by Bitstream):

Frutiger

--------

This typeface design was initially prepared by Adrian Frutiger

for his friend Alfred deVolz at Sofratype. The working drawings

were made by Andre Guertler. The face was called Concorde and

was released in 1968.

When Linotype purchased Sofratype, the face was withdrawn, and

the rights were returned to Frutiger.

The design re-appeard in 1970-71 on the signage for the Charles

de Gaulle airport at Roissy outside of Paris.

Linotype purchased the design from Frutiger and it was

re-released as the typeface Frutiger in 1976.

It has also been released under these names, in no particular

order:

Font Name Company

--------- -------

Concorde Sofratype (original release)

Frutiger Linotype (as Mergenthaler Linotype)

CG Frontiera Compugraphic

Provencale Autologic

Sigfried AM (Addressograph Multigraph)

Freeborn Boeger

Humanist 777 Bitstream

We can now add to this:

Segoe UI Agfa

Segoe Condensed Microsoft

Great bits of spiderable knowledge :)

Yep. Big Brother.

If you want the original, it's quite easy to resolve by extracting fonts from pdfs. Follow these steps:

1) Download fontforge to mingw (http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ms-install.html)

2) Extract fontforge and run the fontforge batch file

3) Open your pdf that you need to extract the font from and then choose the font you need (beware that sometimes limited characters are available)

4) In the menu choose Element -> Font Info

5) Ensure that the font name, family name and human name all match the name of the font in the original pdf document (done by selecting File -> Properties in Acrobat) - please note if the font is copyright (don't use fonts illegally)

6) In fontforge, generate the font as a truetype (matching original font in pdf) and save to a place where you can easily find it

7) Copy the font file to your windows\fonts\ folder, and you should be able to use the font after this

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing