Hi,

I am creating a document for a toy company.

I need a round sans font similar to porky's, but without the rotated characters. A porky's straight if you will. I haven't been able to find anything similar, altough dreamspeak seems like it would compliment well. I need a font that will be used for headers, and a font that compliments for larger bodys of text. Any suggestions?

thanks

hey, have you tried:

insaniburger:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/11440?text=

gordon:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/137?text=

alba matter:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/4839?text=

just quicly glanced through: Sans-Normal category...

Thanks, although i did see insaniburger, it's lack of lowercase is a draw back. I have gordon, and alba matter already, and gordon's too blocky on the ends, and alba matter is too funky. =\ i searched all of the sans already as well, and could not find what i was looking for. So i spent some time and created a new font, essentialy straightening out porky. The caps seem to be the same as insaniburger. After putting it in with the piece, I may or may not go with it, depending if I can find a font that goes with it for the text heavy parts. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the input!

looks good.. simple and smooth... a touch too bold though. The "i" looks like the dot is touching the stem...

so did you craete it or actually opened up Porky's and edited it?

If it's not too late: Frankfurter, VAG rounded, Helvetica Rounded, Arial rounded are the most popular rounded typefaces.

are you back now? well rested?

Naw, not really. At monday my holiday is over, sadly. And I'm looking here sometimes (when i have time for myself), if I can be of any help.

Right now my kids are at mother-in-laws-house and my wife is sleeping. And I think *yawn* I'm following now.

But: It is nice to be recognized. :-D

*wave*

Have a nice day, Alex.

that's good, getting some quality time with the other half :)

im moving into a my first, brand new house on tuesday! i dont have internet there yet, so unless the neighbours are not careful with their wireless networks i might not be on as often for a week or so :)

Thanks alex and schawlben!

Great ideas, it's good to get advice from true font fans. To answer #4, yes i did just open up porky's and edit it. However, you are correct that it does look a touch too bold. =\

Anywho, I decided that vag rounded wins! A great font family with a fun bold, and an easy to read light. Thanks again schwalben. Enjoy the rest of your sweet vacation!

-ipa

After closer inspection, it seems that porky's is vag rounded black, with extra bolding, and rotated. And what happened to fontalicious anyway? Forever gone, then came back a cheap imitation of what it used to be? I'm confused.

Fantazia was a cloner. After an encounter with gray suits it was ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

I don't understand, what does fantazia and fontalicious have to do with each other?

Fontalicious was another cloner. Others made commercial fonts available for download for free. Like the Fontuniverse and, just to name onother, funsite24.

All saw the gray suits. All went down. See why we don't want links to commercial fonts other than from a vendor?

Thanks for the info!

=]

I can't assist KKat with the info about Ben Balvanz and fontalicious, because I think he has done new and remarkable stuff and wasn't into cloning. But anymway, you are welcome, ipa. Glad, that it helped.

Yeah, it seems very difficult to get any information about any of it. If i remember correctly, fontalicious was quite popular half a decade ago. His fonts were all over the place (not to mention his graphic designs were lots of fun), yet no one seems to know anything about him or what happened. I take Koeiekat's comments with a grain of salt, as I have read in the past quite a few crazy theories.

I personaly can't believe fontalicious would be bothered by gray suits, when so many font pages are still offering his work, some selling it still. (i won't name names, but you know who you are frontbros)

Most people seemed to believe he was too busy with fanclub to bother with fontalicious. But even that page seems to be out. So, truth of the matter is, this deserves it's own thread, or better yet, hard investigative reporting. Untill then, thanks everyone for your help! I will post some of my homemade fonts once I'm not so busy!

=]

-ipa

I may very well - probably are - wrong about fantazia / gray suits. But I don't feel I am so wrong about copying. A census in my FZ dungeon showed a population of 1296 in 216 families. And sure there are uniques amongst these, but many - too many to my taste - I consider variations on existing type designs. End of muttering.

I should not have written that fontazia was a cloner. True.

I'm still confused, is fontazia an alias for ben of fontalicious?

I think Fantazia is KKats name for Fontalicious. But that she has to prove for herself.

Interesting thing about Fontalizious here: http://typophile.com/node/27686

So see for yourself at Fontbros, I say.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Email me roliver3337@yahoo.com

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing