I would like some suggestions on what serifed font faces work well with Frutiger (Reg). And in general is there a certain rule to go by when pairing serifs with sans serif fontsb besides visually pleasing?? Because i never really know what is acceptable.

I won't give you an advice on this. Too complex.

But get a deeper insight here: http://www.typophile.com/node/17236

or here: http://rosendorf.us/blogdorf/archive/2006/01/18/1456.aspx

As swallow said complex. Very complex. It all depends on what sort of manuscript you're working on. What emotional atmosphere do you need/want to create?

Frutiger is designed for legibility and legibility only. Which makes it a good choice for technincal information, charts etc. Anything where emotions play no role and only the facts count. I would never choose it for say book text or commercial printwork. For the same reason I would also not use it for headers.

That said, if you are thinking of a serif type in combination with the Frutiger I would go for a very 'simple/minimalistic' one. I mean as less fancy as possible, to avoid a conflict with the 'factual' character of the Furtiger. The Clarendon [Light] represents the sort of type I mean. Not 'strong' enough? Think about a slab-serif like the Stymie.

Complex, like swallow said. Complex.

Just to clarify... I am working on a corporate logo for an international company. I choose Frutiger for the logo tag line and the serifed font would be for the annual report ....

Don't!

Very good advices, dear KKat, although this HAS TO BE a shot in the blue sky.

Another shot and 20 cents from me: Don't take common fonts, which are seen in 95% of all cases.

Have a look at, for example, the library of Hoefler & Frere-Jones or the wonderful sans or serif-typefaces of the dutchtypelibrary.com. A unique company deserves a unique face.

[OT] I'm out of office for two weeks, dear people. So I won't login not regularly. Have fun.

we'll miss you for sure! ever-present and ever-helpful is not going to be around??? im sad... i hope it is at least a vacation from your dayjob :)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing