Hello,

I'm looking Calligraph421 BT. I did a google search and have yet to find a site that sells it. Any advice? Links would be appreciated.

TIA.

You didn't really google, right? With the search term "calligraph421 BT" the first in the list is a german site which provides this font as a ttf-download. I don't know if that's legal, as I don't know this typeface and I bet it has a bigger brother, considering the BT at the end. But I haven't found a commercial-reference for this font yet.

@celina:Hello,

I'm looking Calligraph421 BT. I did a google search and have yet to find a site that sells it.

Bitstream's Calligraphic 421 can be bought here.

Ah, thank you, Calligraphic421 is it.

Yes, I did google last night and did not come across a German site.

I found Calligraphic421 on myfotns last night, but it looks different than Calligraph421 BT. The P looks different. Someone sent me a word document using Calligraph421 BT. I need to recreate the document in Photoshop.

are the publishers legally allowed to send the fonts for their print job to the printing company? Or is that violating something multi-computer license?

@celina:... it looks different than Calligraph421 BT. The P looks different. ...

Interesting. Can you post an image of that p that is different from the calligraphic 421? Preferably 200 dpi and 150 pix high.

Alex - for a designer to give a font to a printer - it is up to the terms of the manufacturer of that font. If it is URW - it clearly states that to maintain your design, you may give a copy to your printer - for purposes of doing your job only.

The BT you see is Bitstream. The font Calligraphic 421 is their name for Codex. They weren't legally licensed to use the "name." However, in most cases when a font was renamed to avoid legal hassles - three letters would be changed. Perhaps that is why the P looks off to you.

You can view Linotype's Codex here:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/codex/

Heron!! Nice to see you back. I looked at the Codex and Calligraphic 421 BT but see no difference in the p. Do you?

Not for us to determine - but for TIA to determine if it matches up. I don't know what her sample P looks like...

Thanks for the welcome back. I've been very busy - but on Friday I lost 1/2 of all my work... so I have some time on my hand again - and I better enjoy it while I can...

codex vs calligraphic421BT

Yes that I am aware of

BUT...what is Tia's P??? LOL

and please don't tell me bright yellow...

TIA should be Thanks In Advance, IMHO :) LOL

Guess I never cared for the name Celine...

TIA is such a nice name - and has such good thoughts...

Thanks for pointing that out to me Ivan - was fun indeed for such a gray, rainy day...

I don't think we will ever enjoy Celina's p ...

Had another look at the Codex and stumbled upon this interesting remark:

Codex was designed by Georg Trump and introduced by the font foundry C.E. Weber in 1954. Based on the German Gothic script of the 13th century, this font has the character of handwriting. Its capital letters are extremely big in comparison with the lower case, hence good for contrast in short text, however, this characteristic makes the font better suited to languages which use fewer capital letters.

Now, anyone out there who can quickly hick-up any language that uses capitals more frequently than German?

Sorry, I've been MIA, I've been busy. Off to get a copy of the P.

And for the record it's CelinA not Celine! :oP

I'll be right back with a picture of the P.

Here it is, the capitol P doesn't have the thing on the bottom.

Oops Celina!! That is not the Caligraphic421 BT but the Formal436 BT!! Which is a copy of the Oscar.

Noticed Heron?? It is black ... not yellow ...

But in word it says Calligraph421 BT. What's that about?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing