One of the fonts I was looking at here instructs you to view the Copyright page for copyright information.

I cannot find a copyright page on this site.

Is there any easy way to tell what fonts available here are usable for Commercial purposes?

((Before you ask.. no, I cannot afford to buy fonts... I am making T-shirt designs as a Stay at home Mom, trying to build an income... Since February, I finally have made enough sales to have $40 commision build up in my online account. :)

That commision will be going to upgrading my store from free, and the leftover (if any) will go to baby formula (or maybe a graphics CD so I can stop drawing my own... at least as often.))

Most of the zip files contain a readme file containing © info. Many fonts here are free, totally free. Others are free for non-commercial use. RT*RMF.

Thanks for the answer...

I really wish you (they?) had usage shorthand on the details page tho.. even as little as commercial? yes, no, ask. (choose one based on readme file)

But at least you say this site INCLUDES read me files... I've found so many sites that DONT. (sigh)

If in doubt you can always look at the copyright info in the metrics data.

FYI.

Many of the fonts I downloaded today do NOT include a readme.

An example is MLBTUSCA

Thank-you, and have a nice day.

there is no bullet-proof method. a file can be in cluded but it could be fake, or it could not be there. Metrics data could be there or not. If it is there it could easily be fake. Safest way is to find a font you like check those two sources, if the conflict or one is missing, contact the designer. the designer might or might not reply.

btw, welcome Cheryl. I know what you mean about the t-shirts :)

Alex, Thank-you for the info. I usually DO try to check the info from 2 sources... But what I'm not liking here, is there is 100% no way to see without downloading first what the license IS. Even with the ones that DO include a read-me... I don't suppose you'd consider including the "commercial? yes, no, ask, unknown."(yes, with a 'to the best of our knowlege' disclaimer) on at least future fonts you make available that DO have a readme? That would really help. Out of the fonts I downloaded yesterday, I ended up deleteing at least half. PS. Thank-you for making this site available. :) I don't plan to post here again, due to people who throw fits at grammatical errors that don't exist, but I do like the way you have the site set up, other than the lack of copyright info. :) ----------------

:(

i am considering adding the status. the only hesitation is the large number of "shareware", "free"- and other "-wares", free for personal, not free for commercial; free personal, donationware for commercial and extra for other rich ppl. There are many ppl who get very creative with the copyright info.

i dont think i would want to reduce free for personal but not free for commercial, just to "commercial".

However you could add it, anything would be great. :)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing