I need a font just like Times New Roman except that the small g is the modern style (like in this font) rather than oldstyle. Does such a font exist? If not, is there any free software with which I can make the modification and resave the font under some other name? Preferably something easy to use.

Thanks.

@Galen Hardesty: ... (like in this font) ...

Which?

the site/forum font.

ms trebuchet

hahaha, no, Verdana. No, now it's Helvetica. Yet, Arial, *shudder* hahaha.

Galen, FYI: the font which your browser displays at HTML-sites/frames depends on what you have chosen on YOUR personal PC-system. So I see this site quite different as you or Alex or KKat or Jackie or someone else …

Remains the question: Which?

If it has to look like Times/Trebuchet merged ITC's Resavska might do the job.

Good one. If it is for the open lowercase g-tail (like in Trebuchet) then also have a look at these typefaces..

Thanks, but all those fonts have the oldstyle small g. What I need is an oldstyle font with the compactness and 'speedreadability' (my opinion) of Times New Roman, but with a small g that looks like the small q with a tail like the small j.

I guess I'll have to do it myself or (much more likely) do without. I don't have, or wish to buy, font editing software. I was just hoping that someone, somewhere, had done it before.

Galen

*headscratch* Sorry, I still don't know what you are looking for, I think. Maybe because english isn't my native language. Is it possible for you to upload a sample of those letters you are looking for?

What I want is Times New Roman in which the small 'g' has been changed to the kind of small 'g' in Arial, but matching the rest of Times New Roman in style. Thanks for your interest.

Galen

Ah, now I understand, thanks. Well, phew, not easy. Have a look at Bembo Schoolbook. Not quite TNR, but a pretty serif-font with the single storey g.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I want it to look like. And I just found out that there's a small font editor built into Windows. Click START, click RUN, and type in eudcedit. exe. So if I can figure out how to make it do what I want, I may be able to create a modified Times font and save it as Times Newer, or something

Here it shows why the Swallow is really the King. Well done Ronaldo! If Bembo Schoolbook can't do the job, which typeface can? Not quite TNR? Sure. But then not everything needs to be that muddy.

Uh, thanks KKat! Too nice. Now I can go to bed and have a good night's sleep ;-D

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing