reply   forum
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 13th, 2006 / quote /
    Whatever a marvin may be, I don't see it pointing at anything. In fact I see nothing at all. Little to ID.
    site moderator Schwalbenkoenig
    May 15th, 2006 / quote /
    Close is Neutraface Display Titling. You could also try Mostra from Mark Simonson or Metro Gothic. The Date-font from the poster is obviously Eurostile aka Microgramma, if anyone wants to know.
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 15th, 2006 / quote /
    Nope, swallow, none of these. Neutroface Titling is too round, not 'bold' enough, the D, P and C don't match, and how about the apostrophe? Mostra One Heavy has an A problem [and again apostrophe] and the Merto Gothic is way out.
    I've tried to match this uncommon C, had some results that came sort of close but - again - the apostrophe has always been the killer.
    May 15th, 2006 / quote /
    Well, KKat, you are right as always. But I didn't see the apostrophe as so obligatory for this typeface. As I saw it the first thing which came to mind is "oh, the apostrophe isn't original." Too round for this spikey thing. But maybe I'm wrong. I have seen so many altered apostrophes in movie/music titles, some of them came from commas. But you are right, none are a match, for me the C is the hard thing. :wink:
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 15th, 2006 / quote /
    It looks, maroon, that we can't help you any further now. Very sorry, but we just can't find a proper match.
    May 15th, 2006 / quote /
    Well, nothing much to say after the dear KKat spoke the truth. But...

But the Eagle is another close bird to the swallow. Well, if it weren't for the T and the apostrophe. And, yes, the KKat is right. Nothing to put a finger on it.

UPDATE: There is the font City of. It's a lot cheaper... Haven't checked it, though, ...but maybe that helps for a while.
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 16th, 2006 / quote /

Sure, the 'City of' is closer than the 'Eagle'. But no sigar yet. See that C problem?
    May 16th, 2006 / quote /
    *sigh* yes. I know I know, that's why I wrote "close" but sometimes it helps getting new ideas from the crowd.

[offTopic]
    FYI, the ... other site .... was hacked, flooded with phishing mails, server down, seems like really a mess. No one knows when it will be open again. That's why you can't login...
    [/offTopic]
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 24th, 2006 / quote /
    @Schwalben Koenig:[offTopic]
    FYI, the ... other site .... was hacked, flooded with phishing mails, server down, seems like really a mess. No one knows when it will be open again. That's why you can't login...
    [/offTopic]

Must have been that guy from Valencia. No sence of humor and a rather short fuse I guess. Shame we now lost his IP address.
    site moderator alex
    May 24th, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:
    Must have been that guy from Valencia. No sence of humor and a rather short fuse I guess. Shame we now lost his IP address.

are you testing his fuse on a different site now? please dont :)
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 24th, 2006 / quote /
    Nah, would god play the same hand twice?
    site moderator alex
    May 24th, 2006 / quote /
    the god wouldnt play the hand to begin with, unless to punish. but im not into him enough to know him that well
    whit3rabbit33
    Jun 26th, 2008 / quote / 76.94.*.1*
    Wow, this is an old post, but I am looking for the same thing. Closest I could find was the Dunkin Doughnuts replica font called Frankfurter.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/efscangraphic/frankfurter-sh/

it is pretty much exactly Don't Panic except it has rounded edges. I am still looking for something closer,but this is as close to the shape of the letters so far.

That one you have to pay for but here is a similar one that is free
    http://www.fontica.com/font/dunkin__donuts

Edit:

I tried going here to upload the marvin pic (croped to just the letters) to see what it came up with and nothing that good just this...

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/phosphor/phosphor/?s=DON%27T+PANIC&case=default

this one has the sharp edges but has a cut out in the middle of the letters and the wrong apostrophe.
    propaganda.hilfs.kra
    Jan 26th, 2010 / quote / 87.177.*.1*
    uploaded image
    Hi,

I just stumbled across this old thread and find a well known but forgotten typeface from the 1920th. Phosphor is just a remake of the ,,Lichte fette Grotesk'' from Jakob Erbar. See page 3: http://www.sanskritweb.net/fontdocs/erbar.pdf

On page 2 you can see the alternate characters for the A, N, M ... So this typeface looks very close to the ,,spitze fette Erbar''. I thought there was no digital Erbar available? Eagle is just a bad remake ... sorry.

Bye Bye
    joshuaking
    Jan 29th, 2010 / quote / 74.99.*.1*
    Wow, I was just looking for the font that was in the date and came upon this! I knew that font looked familiar! Thanks so much! :)
    frankov
    Jan 29th, 2017 / quote / 184.163.*.1*
    Anyone had luck finding the "spitze fette Erbar" font ? Or anything closer to the real thing?

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Register

Name
    Email
    Password

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?