Hi all,

I'm looking for some evaluation versions of fonts from Emerald City Fontwerks (ECF), and Chris Brown (Eyecue Design). I am particularly looking for ZIP files with the demo version of King's Court and Sideshow by ECF, and Pepto by Chris Brown. I do not want the full versions (that would be illegal). I had these on CD at one time but the CD is now missing.

These are impossible to find on the web. I have had no luck so far.

If anyone has these, let me know....thanx!

Sideshow can be downloades for free from Harold Lohners site.

King's Court and Pepto I don't know. Always better to provide an image of what you are looking for.

well that's part of the problem. The fonts are from the late 1990s to early 2000 (I think) and finding a sample is nearly impossible. I know back in the day you could find the evaluation versions at a few font archives but most of them are now closed. The only place that had them (and not all of them either) was Fancy For Fonts, a now (AFAIK) defunct archive in Japan.

BTW, the version you mentioned of Sideshow by Harold Lohner isn't the same one I'm looking for. Like I said, if I could provide a sample I would...

Chris Brown's Pepto lives here. As for Steven Lundeens King's Court and Slideshow why not ask him? ecf@speakeasy.org

thanx for your help!

I'll let you know if I hear back from him. (I hope I do!)

Nothing yet. I hope he still reads his email.

I found the Kings Court one. It lives here, and here.

It is the evaluation version, letters only ex E and e. In the textfile there is another email address: manarts @ seanet.com Probably also very old. I also tried the contact form at the site but no response. Maybe ECF is dead?

and now, here-here

@koeiekat:I found the Kings Court one. It lives here, and here. It is the evaluation version, letters only ex E and e. In the textfile there is another email address: manarts @ seanet.com Probably also very old. I also tried the contact form at the site but no response. Maybe ECF is dead?

Well that's what I'm afraid of. I would really like to purchase the full versions, but I can't get ahold of him. I'll try waiting a while longer, in case he's busy or something.

They also had the evaluation version of Sideshow I'd been looking for:

http://www.webfontlist.com/pages/station.asp?font=11714&x=Fonts

T H A N K Y O U for finding a link with even an evaluation version of that font!

Thank you Alex! It's such a neat font. I love the old ECF stuff.

Pffffffffffffftt! Another mission impossible done. All three on the web. Though be it well hidden. If ECF is dead indeed at least sideshow is not too difficult to complete and bring to usable quality. The thing is based on the Lynchburg with a lot of details left out. As for King's Cort the same is probably true. Just find a fraktur that fits and add the missing glyphs.

Lynda, since you like sideshow so much, have you ever conidered Ray Larabie's Terylene Top?

Oh of course. They're both good fonts! :)

I should've mentioned, I am a serious fontaholic so I naturally noticed that one.

I have been into fonts for about 10 years or so, so I know a lot of the free and shareware typefaces and designers. Not big on commercial foundries, cuz some tend to charge way too much for fonts. I have some commercial stuff I've bought, but I prefer the free fonts. There are just as many talented free font makers as pay ones! ;)

Lynda

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing