[DEL]

Thnx to team @ abstractfonts.com for the great fonts. I am a freelance graphic designer and my main concern is font copy-right issues, i have been looking around the net but cant find a place with clear explanations to guidelines in regards to legal issues with fonts, in some cases i have downloaded fonts that did not come with any readme file so how do i protect myself as a designer if im gonna use those fonts in my work, has anybody had any legal issues similar to this?

please feel free to add anything relevant to the topic.

i also hope the forum admin will make this a sticky.

thnx!

[quote:455923077b="libertyct"]in some cases i have downloaded fonts that did not come with any readme file so how do i protect myself as a designer if im gonna use those fonts in my work[/quote:455923077b]

See your post about Honda in Fontmania.

If you downloaded the font from a site that respects copyright issues, like Abtractfonts, you can be pretty sure the font is freeware. eg you can use it. To be absolutely sure read the metric data in the font file. Issues like licence, copyright and designer are to be found there. Almost always an email addres or a website. So in case of doubt you can ask the designer. Some ask for a small fee for commercial use. Fair enough I think.

If you got the font bundled wit software like many corel or macromedia packages you obtained the font legally and you have the right to use it. Even if the fonts came with a trial version.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing