[DEL]

I have several fonts that I can't find. One in particular that I use often is Lydian. I purchased this font in a package. It shows up in my font folder but when you click on it-all that appears is an error message. I tried deleting the file and reinstalling the font from the CD I purchased but again it gives me an error. There doesn't show to be any viruses. There are few others I have noticed that are not working. Can anyone help?

what is the error message that appears?

if you got this from a commercial vendor (as i assume you have) then you should contact them instead of abstract fonts.

[DEL]

I have tried to contact the company, but of course Almost everyone is off work this week. I decided to try here because not all of the fonts that have problems come from this one vendor.

The error message:

The requested file g:\Fonts\ lydian.ttf was not a valid font file.

this error message comes from my computer and the cd.

I fear that it might be a bug, bet everything says My computer is clean, as well as the file.

Do some fonts have a shelf life. I bought this one several years ago in a package of around 450 fonts.

What is the exact name ot the font? Not the file name but the font name.

So, Lydian ..... or for example 'Lydian BT'

[DEL]

lydian.ttf

I also have Lydian BT Do I need to delete it? are the names being similar causing a problem?

Are you on Mac or PC? If on PC, can you still see the properties of both BT's[Lydian BT / Lydian BT Roman] and Monotype's [Lydian] version? If so see if they are the same as here.

I have no clue how this would work on a Mac. Maybe the same - maybe not.

[DEL]

I called the vendor and they sent me a new font file and I have the same problem. I am able to see all of the properties. But where you are usually able to click on the font and view it in the font viewer it says that the font is not a valid font file. I have used it before because I still have the file it was used in. I created outlines when I created it so I don't get a warning that it is missing. I am using a PC. The font Lydian that I am missing is different than the Lydian BT. It has serifs and has an uneven baseline. More of a fun font than eligant. Thank you for your help.

[quote:5e7c23f6d5="SusieQ"]... The font Lydian that I am missing is different than the Lydian BT. It has serifs and has an uneven baseline. More of a fun font than eligant.[/quote:5e7c23f6d5]

A Lydian with serifs? Never ever seen a thing like that. Have I been sleeping? Or worse, in coma? Well, now I'm awake! Send me that corrupted thing please. I must see that.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing