[DEL]

I'm looking for a freeware celtic font similar to Valhalla or Ale and Wenches. Those 2 fonts are beautiful but do not support lower case or upper case or both look the same.

Would be really happy if someone could help.

That's because Celtic does not differentiate between lower and upper case. I've seen 2 fonts that do but with the immediate result that they don't really look Celtic anymore; BoydUncial (freeware) and Uncial ATT (commercial, Agfa). I found a few that distinguishes between capitals and lowercase by just making the caps bigger. But, so sorry Yuri, that's it.

small caps, in case that is something you could use:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/search/Kelt%20Caps%20Freehand

Alex, I don't understand. Yuri wants a uncial with clear differences between lc and uc. Then a small caps does not really do the job. True?

So while there are plenty on uncials around with lc and uc the same just difference in size that doesn't do the job.

To be clear - again - the job can not be done. A true uncial - by whatever name - can not differenciate between lc and uc. Lc and uc do sipmly not exist in the Celtic script. Force it and you don't have a uncial anymore.

It is like wanting a zebra - or a tiger for thatmatter - with both vertical and horizontal stripes. You get two very cross animals but non of them being a zebra nor a tiger. Imagine what you would get when you cross these ... a crossword ?

heh.. i figured you will pounce on me... 8)

my reasoning was that he might just be working for some publishing/media/design company and needs upper/lower case for the visual effect and doesnt happen to have a button that in his program of choice that will make that transformation.

if not and i missed something obvious that he said, i blame my ADD, but my intents were good

[DEL]

Thank you very much for the advice and responses. In that case, maybe I will look at a different font.

No, I don't belong to a company. This is just for a non-commercial project, that is all. Just that, I'm looking at a variety of fonts, that is all. :) Besides, I really know very little about fonts.

Edit: Oops, did I say personal? My mistake.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing