[DEL]

I had this font before my computer crash a few months ago, and now I can't find it easily anywhere online, and I'm drawing a blank on the name of it. Maybe it came with a software program that I don't remember the name of?

Anyway, if anyone here could take a peek and if you could help out, I'd appeciate it.

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/Terre/images/ScriptSample.jpg

Thanks ~ Terre

That's the Polonaise.

[DEL]

And wouldn't you know - it doesn't look like it's a freebie, but I'll keep lookin'. *sigh*

And I'm ALWAYS good to my two indoor cats and 4 outdoor, adopted ones. They live a good life.

Thanks again.

As a freebee? Then take the [url=http://www.abstractfonts.com/search/chopinscript]ChopinScript

[/url].

[DEL]

but it was on another font (not as many as this one) website, so not sure if it's kosher to post the link to it here. BTW, before I originally posted my question, I had downloaded Chopin - just in case.

Just as well. The ChopinScript is the probably the original. The bofinprintworks site - and he knows what he is talking about- says that Polonaise, ChaseCallas and Chiaroscuro are aliases of the ChopinScript.

[DEL]

:::musing aloud::: I wonder which program I got it from? Obviously no reply necessary. :o)

Now that I've been running hither and yon looking at fonts, I stumbled on "Parsons Italic" which I really like. Unfortunately, the only two that I found were at sites where it could be downloaded from, but they turned out to be corrupt files. *sigh* What rotten luck, but I suppose I can live without it. LOL

And before I forget again [b:c0d1eb2201]koeiekat[/b:c0d1eb2201] - you are [b:c0d1eb2201]AWESOME![/b:c0d1eb2201]

Did you try this? http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22parsons+italic%22+%2Bfontz&btnG=Cerca&meta=

You can also try without "+fontz". You get more sites where it can be downloaded.

I once took it from the now very VERY dead funsite24 but Typograf is also complaining about that one. Since they all seem to be the same, no version available etc I guess it wont do you much good. I'm sure it is a defective clone of the Shelly Andante. Clones that are not defective are: English 111 Adagio, Andante, Sheer Beauty and Saffron.

[DEL]

Yep - tried every Google combination I could think of, but no luck. Shelley Andante is slightly similar, but somehow misses the nuances that I see in some of the letters I'm able to compare. One day I'll find it. :o)

Anyway, I do thank you for all your help and great conversation. So glad I you [b:dda07c1bdb]and[/b:dda07c1bdb] this forum.

Right, the defect [or at least one] in the Parsons Itacic is that it does not show the capital T at 24 points. 22, 23, 25, 26, yes, 24 no.

Shelley Andante is slightly similar? Have a look here, and tell me what is the difference. Parsons and Adobe's Shelly are indeed slightly lighter than Bitstream's Shelly and thus Bitstream's Shelly runs a bit wider but that's it. Adobe's Shelly and Parsons are identical: see the overlay [the slight differences are a result of the screendumps].

Sheer Beauty runs even wider than Bitstream's version, is smaller and has considerably more lead, but for the rest the face is identical.

[DEL]

You are SO THOROUGH, and far more nuanced (not to mention experienced) than I, when it comes to fonts.

I did a print screen from the page where I found a version of Parson's Italic, and then did a cut 'n' paste from your Shelly Andante (Bitstream) image for comparison:

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/Terre/images/ParsonsItalic.jpg

The CAPS in the version I found (which is a corrupt file) have more of a flourish (which is what I liked) plus the small "l" is more open. Some of the smaller case letters, besides the "l" might be different, but it's impossible to tell. Other than that, I don't see much of a difference.

Keep me in mind if you EVER come across the Parsons Italic that no longer appears to be available. Also, I have this post set to notify me of replies, so if by some miracle anyone happens to have it in their stash of fonts... :o)

:oops: Mea Culpa and shame on me!

I presumed that Parsons Italic Light and Parsons Italic was the same type. Oops!

But then, they should have named it oblique. Anyway, Igot some of the Parsons Itacil around and are these sick! No space before a return? Half the character blanked out. Have Typograf look at the charactermap: instant coma.

Now, as the Parsons Italic is a swashy version of the Parsons Italic Light and the lowercase of the 'Light' matches the Shelly Andante perfectly the solution should be - and indeed is - simple: we need the swashy versions of the Shelly Andante, Sheer Beauty. Shelly Volante and Sheer Grace are the answer. All said about the differences towards the Parsons Italic Light is also valid here.

Hope this makes you happy.

[DEL]

[i:6125cb241e]Hope this makes you happy.[/i:6125cb241e]

[b:6125cb241e]LOL![/b:6125cb241e] Half of what you just said went completely over my head, but you've given me some font names to look at. I can always do cut 'n' paste for small titles, etc. using different fonts.

Thanks for all your help [b:6125cb241e]koeiekat[/b:6125cb241e]. :o)

Have a terrific week!

bump

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing