[DEL]

I need some help understanding body backgrounds. If I get the background to the right dimensions, then the file is too big to save to an image hosting site.

If I keep the background smaller, then it repeats itself.

Any experts input would be great.

Thanks!

the trick is to come up with a small graphic that repeats in such way that you cannot see where the 'tiles' are connected.

An example would be a 1x2 px image. (1 width, 2 height) make one pixel black and the other one white. When you will use this background you will get black and white horizontal stripes which will look nice and continueous ...

or take a look at teh background on this site.... it is not that big and repeats, however it is hard to see the where the borders are.

[DEL]

[b:eaf37da9c8]You can also add these to your body{} css...[/b:eaf37da9c8]

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-repeat:repeat[/color:eaf37da9c8] (Default, not really needed)

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-repeat:no-repeat[/color:eaf37da9c8] (Shows up only once)

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-repeat:repeat-x[/color:eaf37da9c8] (Repeats across the page)

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-repeat:repeat-y[/color:eaf37da9c8] (Repeats down the page)

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-position:top right[/color:eaf37da9c8]

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-position:center right[/color:eaf37da9c8]

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-position:bottom center[/color:eaf37da9c8]

[b:eaf37da9c8]Positioning your background using pixles or percentages

(from top-left of page):[/b:eaf37da9c8]

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-position:200 250[/color:eaf37da9c8]

[color=darkred:eaf37da9c8]background-position:30% 60%[/color:eaf37da9c8]

[DEL]

Thanks for the info. That is very useful!

While we're here, why is it so hard to find a way to tab in HTML?

I've tried using spaces   but then I read that's not cool; that you're supposed to use style sheets, but the code for that was so long and I'm not sure I could make sense out of it.

Any ideas...?

[DEL]

You're very welcome. :)

Indenting is very simple with CSS. If you want all of your paragraphs to have an indent, then use:[code:1:66abeaaa7d]p {text-indent: 2em;}[/code:1:66abeaaa7d]If you only want [i:66abeaaa7d]some[/i:66abeaaa7d] of your paragraphs to be indented, you can create a class for it, like so...[code:1:66abeaaa7d].indent {text-indent: 2em;}[/code:1:66abeaaa7d]...then call it up with...[code:1:66abeaaa7d]<p class="indent">Your paragraph here.</p>[/code:1:66abeaaa7d]You can also use a negative value to make the first line go further to the left.

Enjoy! :)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing