[DEL]

a friend found a nice font in others mac .He make a screen shot and ask me to ID it.I tried myfonts's system and got this result:

ITC Garamond_narrow_Light

But i guest it is a common font in mac os, so it should be simple without any decoration. i doubt about the conclusion.

[DEL]

The ITC Garamond_narrow_Light font sample:

[quote:1b5dd16c10="fontDJ"]

a friend found a nice font in others mac .He make a screen shot and ask me to ID it.I tried myfonts's system and got this result:

ITC Garamond_narrow_Light

But i guest it is a common font in mac os, so it should be simple without any decoration. i doubt about the conclusion. [/quote:1b5dd16c10]

Why doubt oh fontDJ? Both faces you show are the Garamond Light Condensed. !00%. One of the finest serifs ever presented to this world. First one the latin alphabet the second one the cyrilic. If that is what you mean with 'decoration'.

[DEL]

I mean the font name .Since it is a common font , its name should be simple and easy to remember

[quote:be0b9c7fa2="fontDJ"]

I mean the font name .Since it is a common font , its name should be simple and easy to remember [/quote:be0b9c7fa2]

I'm afraid that, if you are 'complaining' about the complicated name of this "font", you'll have to learn something about typography and the history of typography to understand that your remark is slightly misplaced.

The type Garamond stems from the early times of printing. A few hundred years back. The Garamond has been the example for many other type designs. Through time more and more faces of the Garamond have developed. Bold faces, oblique faces, extended faces, condensed faces and the combinations of those. Every face, therefore, has its own name/description to distinguish it from the other Garamond faces. These faces are what you call a font. We call it a typeface: the Type and the Face. To us a font is a typeface in a particular size. 8 points, 12 point, 18 points, 36 points and so on.

What you are asking for is us to call a grizzly bear simply a bear. Because that is easier. But where does that leave the brown bear, the ice bear, the ... bear and so on?

So when you ask for a 'font' ID you get a 'typeface' With the full identification. OK?

End of lecture.

[DEL]

oh oh

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing