[DEL]

[b][color=red]__________[/color] hi there,

[color=red]__________[/color] am looking

[color=red]__________[/color] for this font

[color=red]__________[/color] used on bj?rks dvd vessel...

[color=red]__________[/color] heres a pic

[color=red]__________[/color] from the dvd:

[color=red:bc59890416]__________[/color:bc59890416] i mean the tracknames...

[color=red:bc59890416]__________[/color:bc59890416] hope anyone can help me identify it :)

thanks for the freaky help :D

[/b:bc59890416]

[DEL]

I feel for you. This is one of the finest typefaces I've ever laid eyes on, and I actually tried to get my hands on it a couple of months ago. Eventually I contacted M/M (Paris), the designers for a lot of Ms. Gudmundsdottir's recent releases, only to be told that the font is theirs and theirs alone and is, was and never will be available either for free or commercially. Feel free to contact them yourself: if you have more luck, then well done you. You can e-mail them here: [email]anyone@mmparis.com[/email].

Gravely,

-Tørnquist

How greedy can one be!

Have they ever thought about it that they practically gave the type away by reproducing it at that size? One good scan and it is almost there. OK a few characters are missing but the type design in itself is so straight forward in using the same shapes all over again that the rest can be solved with a reasonable gamble.

It seems there are still people out there that have never driven a paved road.

[DEL]

Kat makes a good point. So therefore I pose the question: "are there any suitably talented typographers around that would like to have a go at assembling a character set from images like this?"

-T

[DEL]

[quote:c9863eebed][i:c9863eebed]posted by Tørnquist [/i:c9863eebed]

[B]"are there any suitably talented typographers around that would like to have a go at assembling a character set from images like this?"[/quote:c9863eebed]

[color=red:c9863eebed]_________[/color:c9863eebed]was just about to type that :)

[color=red:c9863eebed]_________[/color:c9863eebed]thanks T for givin me sthing to quote :D

[color=red:c9863eebed]_________[/color:c9863eebed]thanks for all the effort fellas!

[color=red:c9863eebed]_________[/color:c9863eebed]now lets hope theres sone skilled to release a "hack" of this typo :)

[DEL]

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]well, if theres sone

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]who can gimme a lil tut

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]on how to do it,

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]which tool/proggy,

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]whats important etc.,

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]ill give this a swirl :)

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]am pretty covenient with pshop,

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]so the editing shall not be a problem...

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]just tell me which tool

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]is needed to manage the rest

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]and which facts are important to think of...

[color=red:d76981b3f5]_________[/color:d76981b3f5]cheers :cool:

[DEL]

And isn't "Crying" one of the finest songs she ever wrote? And "Big Time Sensuality"? And "Joga"? And, well...pretty much every other song she's written over the last ten years?

[DEL]

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]havent had the time yet

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]to start the task,

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]so i just give this a bump

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]and ask again:

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]anyone recoginze this font

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87][b:cc99e0bf87]or[/b:cc99e0bf87] a similiar?

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]hope someone has something

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]that looks good :)

[color=red:cc99e0bf87]____________[/color:cc99e0bf87]thanks for the help so far pals :)

Goto high-ligic.com

Get Font creator

Scan your text at high resolution (min 600 dpt) B/W

Save every single character as a single BMP

Import in Font Creator.

Do think about the kearning so that the characters match correctly. See your example

Save as a font with a clone name.

Carcefully look at the copyright lines, otherwise it's not yours.

Bingo. Done.

Piece of cake. Great thing: you can eat it AND have your font

You have 30 days or you will have to pay.

Which after this exercise you will do happily do anyway because it is a good program.

Missing any characters? Tell me.

[DEL]

Just in case it hasn't been thought of already, there are numerous other Björk DVDs in much the same design vein as this - "Volumen II" and others. Any missing characters from Vessel could doubtless be found on these others. I'm sure there are other high-res scans floating around.

-T

Sure. But those are probably all heavily compressed jpgs. That's not crisp enough. and highres scans? I doubt it. Most scans I see on the web are plain garbage. Take my advice: make your own scans. Good ones.

[DEL]

I'll give this another nudge so any new posters can get a look-in. Maybe North's had some luck...

-T

[DEL]

I have found it! You can, too, [URL=http://home4.inet.tele.dk/olrik/bjork/fonts/]here[/URL].

I found it through [URL=http://www.livejournal.com/community/fontaddicts/267388.html]this[/URL] chance-made post on the [URL=http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=fontaddicts]fontaddicts[/URL] LJ community.

Since it's so specifically Björk, and the given website mentions it only in relation to Björk, I think this must be what you look -- but the second I saw it in the pic she gave, I knew it was very similar, at the least.

Hope the original poster's still around.

--Liana

[DEL]

Close but sadly no cigar...still, well done indeed for finding Ito. But I think until North finishes his own alchemical concoction, it's probably the closest we're going to get.

-T

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing