[DEL]

Hi, just got back from prague. All the street signs out there look really 'communist' need to find a similar font.

Imagine the words inscripted on stalin / lenin / marx's grave. U get the idea.

please help.

[email]dave@geekrecords.co.uk[/email]

[DEL]

Hey there-

I'm not sure [i:71546a0264]exactly[/i:71546a0264] what it is you're looking for, but here are couple of possibles. Firstly we have the aptly-named Soviet (it's the second one down), which is classic cyrillic-crossed-with-roman-alphabet stylee; secondly, Naftalene, which isn't explicitly trying to emulate cyrillic characters, but still has that sort of angularity to it. I hope that'll do ya, but if not could you possibly provide a sample image of the kind of font you need? It makes life so much easier for everyone else. Ta.

Doublewhammily,

-Tørnquist

hey Tørnquist

i have request to make. Please, if the font is available from AF please point the links to AF. If the font is not available from here it is fair game.

Seeking understanding,

[quote:6411d4385e="hungrydave"]

Hi, just got back from prague. All the street signs out there look really 'communist' need to find a similar font.

Imagine the words inscripted on stalin / lenin / marx's grave. U get the idea.

please help.

[email]dave@geekrecords.co.uk[/email] [/quote:6411d4385e]

Buckle-up hungrydave!!

I have been staring at this post for quite a while now and must admit I am flabbergasted.

On this forum and others I have seen many posts phrased as 'new york yankees font', 'harley davidson font' and so on. Everyone with more than 0.2% of the average gray matter knows that there are no such fonts but just fonts used to cerate a new york yankees /harley davidson logo/website/... As there is no 'dumbo font' to describe the corporate housestyle typeface of the White House - or Tony Blair for that matter.

So we decrypt and respond.

But this time it goes beyond ignorance or lack of historical understanding or education. This one is plain stupid. Suddenly, apparently there are 'bhudist', 'catholic', liberal, 'conservative' and 'communist' fonts. Fonts, rather typefaces, stupid, are a reflection of time. Not of an ideology. In the part of the world where latin script - which includes cyrilic (not relevant in this case) - is used fashion and the style of a specific period it time determines the type being used. So the Prague street signs, as well as the Paris and Amsterdam, are reflections of the time that they were designed, The 1920's.

Any idea, historical wonder, when communism came to Check?

Satisfied? OK.

[DEL]

Alex-

You have my most humble apologies. Twill not happen again. Ee.

Incrediblyapologetically,

-T

[DEL]

And Kat? Razor sharp. And very true. Very true indeed. Yes. But I believe all of us are guilty at one time or another of not thinking these things through...but still, you make a very good and true point. Which is all very true.

it's ok Torn, I'd be a fool to get mad at ppl for doing this. Especially ppl who deserve ! :D

well, im finally back online after the power blackout which cut me short of, uuhm, everything.... It was the largest blackout in 40 years... Anyone else affected?

[quote:35932810b5="alex"]

... Anyone else affected? [/quote:35932810b5]

yep

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing