[DEL]

every time i click a font style, it will download then I try to open it into photoshop and it always say's "Could not open "DuvallSmallCaps.ttf" because it is not the right kind of document."

Can someone please instruct me on how to fix this so i can install some new font alphabets , thanks codes

you dont open the fonts with photoshop, you have to install them first to use in photoshop or any other program

install the .ttf files by putting them into the c:\Windows\Fonts folder

let me know if you were successful

[DEL]

So where do install them now?

OS X i assume

put them in your /library/Fonts i believe it is... or /lib/Fonts

[DEL]

Thank for your help but i already tried that too many times It still the same. The same message pops up...can you guide me with all the steps from the beginning. Thanks much appreciated...

Drag and drop the fonts into the Fonts folder in the /Library folder

after that restart the application that you want to use the font in.

are you familiar with Photoshop? Do you know how to create text?

[DEL]

No I don't know how to create text why do I have to do that? Well i tried to drop the font i selected into my font folder but it still came up as document. No luck

[DEL]

Well... looks like there is a lot of confusion here! You don't want to create any text, and you've been trying to open the ttf font file in Photoshop. Does this mean you want to edit that font, or copy the chars and create another font? Then I'm 100% sure Photoshop will not do that! Photoshop is an image editing software, not a font editing software. If you're trying to edit the font, then use Macromedia Fontographer or Font Creator Program or any other similar software. Since you're using a Mac, I dunno which of these S/W have a Mac version.

Is this what you want to do?

I'm totally confused over what you're trying to do! :confused:

And hey! If you're want to edit the font, make sure you don't infringe any copyrights!!

[DEL]

Look all im trying to do is download some new fonts to my font collection.

I have no clue how to do this. When I click the font I want it,

#1. Downloads

#2. Put itself into a folder with two files

A. readme.text

b. TTF DOCUMENT

#3. Heres where the problem is, I carry over the TTF into my font folder but nothing comes up ever, The only thing that pops up is The ERROR can not read this kind of document....

What os do you have? If it is anything below OS X you will have problems like that. another reason to upgrade

[DEL]

OSX 10.2

[DEL]

do you get the error when you copy it to the fonts folder? or when you try to open the ttf font file with Photoshop?

In the second case, you'll definitely get an error, no matter what you try!

In first case, if you get the error, then maybe it means that TTF fonts are not supported by Mac. But I am not sure about this, I don't have a Mac! :(

Another thing could be that the font file is corrupted, but I am pretty much sure that this isn't the case.

In one of these posts, you've said why you should create any text in Photoshop! So where does Photoshop come into the picture?

So, where do you get the error? If you copy it to the fonts folder, you may not get any message even if the font has been successfully installed, atleast not in Windows.

Photo shops makes different things and more they do the more they get.

Sursha

Edit Mod: Spam link removed.

@SurshaniAslam (124.43.40.137): this is off topic. Please do not post spam links.

[DEL]

Good Lord, is this Monty Pithons' Flying Circus?

@Sergio:Good Lord, is this Monty Pithons' Flying Circus?

In German ... Jein!

[DEL]

Got it! Yes! I got it: I understood what you are trying to say. It took me some seconds, I confess, but I got it.

Or, in German, I Gott it.

(now some Koenig should jump into the discussion, and swallow the cockroach)

:D

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing