[DEL]

Can you please give your opinion on which font is best for a title in a school project?

That sounds like a simple question. Right?

I think this is about the most difficult one I've seen on this forum. I'd like to help. But there is no easy way out like choose this font or choose that font. Typography is one of the few tools you have to influence how readers perceive a tekst at first instance. And once that perception is there it is difficult to change. So, assuming you want people to think positively about your school project you first need to think about what you want to achieve - with whom.

So, before we proceed here are some questions. It is called the typographers brief:

What is the subject?

Is it mainly text or mainly pictures?

What is the goal of the project - for whom?

Who judges the project?

What sort of people are these? Older? Young? Liberal? Conservative? ...?

How do you want the project to be perceived by these people? Jolly? Serious? Scientific? ...?

So, first we define the environment and what we want to achieve. When we know that - then it is fairly easy to find the typefaces (and the page lay-out) that will help to achieve the goal.

OK? Come back and I'll help.

[DEL]

This is a geography project and it's aminly text, and the font I use for the text is chubby cheeks. And of course the it's a teacher marking it and I do not want it to look so serious. Thanx for your help.

[DEL]

Oh yeah and pls do not pick fonts that are used in formal letters etc. like beckett or Dr. Po Gothic Ru.

Well, one goal you set yourself you will undoubtly achieve - not being taken too seriously!

If it is mainly text let's hope for the teacher it is not a lot. With chubby cheeks

I doubt wether he/she will ever reach the end. On the other hand, if that is also one of the goals you set for yourself - that one is easy too. But then why not use the 'piss off the professor' font?

Aheader with 'chubby cheeks'? Well if it has to be that wild, why not the 'Arcanum'?

May I suggest another one? Not too serious too but easily associated with geography (look at your old maps), the Caslon antique

and Caslon Antique Italic for your headers.

[DEL]

Thanks, but I have already found one. It's called Quill Perpendicular.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing