[DEL]

I know this has been requested all over the web but does anyone know what this font is called? I have never found any replies on any of the forums.

One thing's for sure, whatever the name it is not "13 ghosts". Where did you find that pict? Anything clearer around?

[DEL]

yeah i Know very handy. I would email the prduction company but the 13 ghosts site has absolutely no contact details.

I got the imag from here

http://www.haro-online.com/movies/13_ghosts.html

unfortunately the pics are not clear enough to get a font identifying app to tell me what it is, and there isnt enough of the alphabet to tell.

there is a font called 13 ghosts but that is the title font which is not that unusual, but I havent been able to find the script anywhere :(

I give in on this one. I did it the "Viking" way: the eye method, but no match. But, maybe, the Viking eye is sharper?

[DEL]

I have been going nuts over this font since I first read your post. It seems so familiar, but I think there are just similarities to fonts I recognize...

the "m" "n" and "t" of [URL=http://www.itcfonts.com/fonts/detail.asp?nCo=AFMT&pid=ITC2578]ITC Freemouse[/URL]

the tall ascenders and "o" of [URL=http://www.fontcraft.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cdstore&Product_Code=alleghieri&Category_Code=FFCAT]Alleghieri [/URL]

the "e" and fluid feel of [URL=http://www.hardcovermedia.com/lab/Pages/Fontpages/scriptina.html]Scriptina[/URL]

but, I admit defeat in finding the REAL match.

[DEL]

I know I am normally good at "spotting" fonts but I have not been able to find this one anywhere.

If i ever find out what it is I will let you all know, I may try and find a contact at the film company and see if anyone there knows who it was, there is no mention of the design group who made the font, I can only guess that it was made specially for the film.

Am quite surprised as film fonts normally become "public" to download shortly after the film comes out, sadly not with this one. Maybe they are just sulking that everyone thought the film was so dire.

Thanks for your help though.

[DEL]

That image looks as if some artist has hand-written that text on a mirror, according to some particular font. Or maybe, it's his handwriting style! So, as you guys found out, it will be extremely difficult to find out this font, if at all it exists! Anyway, post some images of similar fonts, if you experts found out any. :)

[DEL]

hi fontmaniac

I know it looks like handwriting, but if you have seen the film it is replicated on a whole house made out of glass, internally and external walls. I don't think the artist would have hand engraved every pane - he may have a very sore hand! Besides it is too precise for that.

It is based on an old script font to make the whole theme look more ancient, as the legend of the film is based many centuries ago. I have also seen the font elsewhere but I do not know what it is called. You can see examples of it all over the thirteen ghosts site, and if you are brave enough watch the film.. It is the only good thing about it!

Some sections of the main site have text written in this font. Clearly it has been made into a font by the design company who were working for the film. We do not know who this design company is however, and am not sitting through the terrible film again in order to find out! ;o)

thanks anyway.

Anyone ID's this font I will buy them a virtual pint ;o)

Even without having seen (or as I understand have to see) the film it is clear that a typeface has been used here. To me the most characteristic and (I must admit) easiest to reproduce were the 'h' and the 'd'. I have stared at EVERY font in my collection, of which the abctractfonts base is only a part, and have found nothing that matches either 'h' or 'd'. So I jump to the conclusion that it has been specially made for this movie. Let's hope that one day it will become public, because it is - really is - a facinating face.

[DEL]

Sorry! I was just kidding! I haven't seen the film, so I din't know about that being used on all the walls. But where did you see any text written on www.13ghosts.com written in this font? I browsed some pages there just to get some more info about this, but didn't see it anywhere! If you saw some images with clearer text in that font, you can use it on www.myfonts.com/whatthefont to find a match

[DEL]

hello again. The font on the 13 ghosts site is in the flash site you need to select each of the ghosts and then it goes into more info on each ghost. there is a lot of example of the fo nt there.

I tried various font recognition sites before i posted here, which is general good practice anyway, but there was nothing on there. Also there is no detail asto whether the uppercase and lowercase are the same and there are no special characters or numerics on anywhere i have seen this so it makes it a lot harder to identify unfortunately.

Am determined to find out what this font is not as its annoying me now lol

[DEL]

All Right! I've had enough! I give up on this one! But I would like to know the what's the 'THIR13EN GHOSTS' font! Do you have any idea Slynky?

[DEL]

Hey everybod-

Back I am, it's Saturday the 10th and after about three weeks of on-off-on-off time away I'm finally, firmly on home soil again. At least for a while, anyway.

So, your Thir13en Ghosts script. Unfortunately the VikingEye? (© 2003 Koeiekat) is by no means a perfect instrument, but I did come across somthing kinda similar to this (that's a very vague "kinda"), some kind of runic language script used round the rim of the CDs of a role-player from...1999?...called Silver and by Infogrames. However, I can't find a digital sample or, as it happens, make one myself (no scanner...maybe I should fix that), so this will only mean anything to the precious few who actually ever owned the game. And take part in this forum.

Therefore, as much as it pains me, I'm forced to draw the same conclusion as Kat: it's more than likely that it's a custom job, made exclusively for the film. And maybe it'll be released into the public domain one day. Who the hell knows.

Malfunctioningly,

-Tørnquist

BINGO! GOTCHA!

[DEL]

Do tell - where'd you find it?

Found it at the makers site. Info is in the pict and I thought you would be eager enough to find out. The font is still in the making and will be released in September.

http://www.norfok.com > fonts > soon

[DEL]

Koeiekat , you are a star! :o) Big up to the cats!! :oD

Thanks very much everyone for your help, am surprised at the number of replies I got.

Now we all need to wait for september....

cheers

Slynk

Yep. I admit this is unusual; ID a font before it is released. I may be lacking the 'VikingEye? (© 2003 Koeiekat)', but it's not that easy to beat the Cat.

[DEL]

I bow in your direction, o Kat. That was truly brilliant. Well done and kudos.

-T

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing