[DEL]

There's a font I've been looking for for several years. I went through all the English foundries and archives I knew, and didn't find it. Finally, at a French archive (netgehog.com), I found the roman version.

Apparently it's named Albatross (Albatros in French), and can be seen here:

While I remembered the kerning as being looser, I'm happy with this roman version, as it supports SmartQuotes and em- and en-dashes.

However, the next step for me is finding an italic version. I haven't yet found any samples online, but there are some beautiful examples in a book I own (but cannot scan), so I know it does exist. Please note that my computer can generate an oblique version; I'm looking for a true italic, which I haven't found anywhere.

Obviously I'd prefer a freeware/shareware version, but if commercialware is truly the only way to find it, I'd still like links.

I'd be very grateful for any help at all you could give me. Thank you very much,

Liana Goldenquill

[DEL]

Thank you very much! This thrills me -- I've been looking for it forever.

I'm not on my home computer now, but I'll download it as soon as I get home (around 3 pm EST).

After that I'll post again, and I won't need it again -- you can take it down as soon as you'd like after I post again. I just wanted to give you an idea now of how long it could wait.

Thanks again -- you've done me a really huge favor!

--Liana

[DEL]

Thanks, I've got it now. That was really a wonderful help.

What's being discussed on another thread -- if you guys'd had a PayPal hookup, I would've donated a few dollars (U.S.). I don't know what you guys're planning, but good luck, and thanks a lot for the help!

-- Liana

[DEL]

I downloaded it yesterday, and didn't install it until today . . . and I'm sorry, but this is just another oblique version (as opposed to the italic). My computer could've generated an oblique.

I've found a few oblique versions online -- less of them than roman, but still a few. I'd really wanted the true italic, which is apparently still elusive.

I did a 'What the Font' search and came up with the commercialware font Cochin Italic (seen [URL=http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.asp?pid=201583]here[/URL] ). Apparently there's no freeware version -- and if I were going to buy it, it'd be $79 for the family, which doesn't even come in TrueType (from fonts.com, anyway).

Thanks very much for your help anyway. And I like your smilies' band! I guess I'll just have to keep looking for Albatross/Cochin Italic, whichever its real name is.

--Liana

(If there's anything else, my e-mail's [email]lianagoldenquill@hotmail.com[/email]. Thanks for your help.)

So sorry. I found that one as the Italic. I'll do a search for a real italic. But not right now. Busy for a few days.

Cochin Italic ttf, tf1 or mac is $20 [URL=http://www.paratype.ru/fstore/default.asp?restyles=yes&search=Cochin%99]here[/URL]

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing