i am looking for officina and Meta for free...

uteS, big, thorn, i am relying on you guys! ;)

( btw, meta is priority )

[DEL]

I'm still on vacation, so I'm on it.

*salutes*

[DEL]

Is the font name just meta by itself?

yes it is... ill get you the details.. one sec

actually i dont want meta anymore.. sorry... i need this font for a printed magazine and meta has jumping numbers... ie they are not vertically aligned to th ebaseline... they "jump".. so that fonts is no good for a magzine.

here is a sample of the font i am looking for, taken from "Stuff" magazine

do ou know what it is?

[DEL]

I don't know if you wan't exactly that, but I put together a picture using Trebuchet MS...

It's quite similar...

good choice ! ;)

i should've told you that i have tried both Trebuchet and Officina which are very similar to the font i am looking for but not exactly... both trebuchet and officina are heavier when you print a lot of text.

look at the 'i's for example. Treubchet's got a little serify thing at the top below the dot which the font i am looking for doesnt. Overall you add up all of those little things and the font gets cleaner and nicer. Also, i'd like a font that is a tiny little bit lighter...

i know, i know ;) i am anal... but thats the way the publishing business works... ;)

thanks a million for trying to help me Thorn!

[DEL]

Graphically they are similar, but I understand that sometimes things look different in print.

I'll leave the other two to this, they are better finding fonts...

[size=9:efa73fabf8]Off to work on the new cartoon of myself... :)[/size:efa73fabf8]

[DEL]

Hi alex,

it's not the Officina in your sample text. The Officina too has a small serif on the upper end of the "i ".

But if you like it, I can help you:

It's a Type1-font, and you need the ATM when you've got windows95/98/NT - on Windows 2000/XP you don't need the ATM.

You'll find it here, and don't forget the pfm-files. They are the 8 files beginning with ow...

http://jasonkids.free.fr/Adobe%20PageMaker%206.5%20fr/ATM40/PSFONTS/

If you want to identify a font and you've got letters enough, like in your sample, then go to www.identifont.com and try.

http://www.identifont.com/identify.html

I've got much work this week and therefore can't much look around for missing fonts.

;) Ute

you were talking about that font meta. I would like to know if anyone have meta plus or FF Meta to share with me. That is a very nice semi serif font and it is unveliebable expensive. I used to have it and others very beautiful fonts in a special fonts CD that i kept like a treasure, but unfortunately i lost it in a recent moving. If somebody wants to share this font or others like syntax, rotis, thesans, etc. I would be really grateful and stil have other fonts to share with you.

Thanks a lot, in advance.

Clau

sorry Clau, this is not something you can request, neither it is something i can allow you to request...

please understand

Alex,

I'm having a slight problem understanding this forum. It seems it was okay for you in the first request to ask for commerical fonts to be given to you. Claudia (two up) has made the same request for the same font - and yet, your rules are different for her - yet you ask her to understand.

Alex where I come from - commercial fonts are only available one way - you pay for them. The end.

you are absolutely right. but if you noticed, the posts are from 2003. i guess i did not know right from wrong then.

Thank you for letting me know what it was about. Now that makes sense. Glad you are well-seasoned now.

@Heron2001: Glad you are well-seasoned now.

heh... getting there. appreciate your legit concern :)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing