[DEL]

I have Windows XP and would like to install a font called Fairydust .... I belong to a group and those who have Win 98 can install but those of us who have XP cannot get it recognised. It installs and when opened you can see the preview and it shows up in the font list, but types as Arial.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

[DEL]

Hi,

What program are you using to type these fonts in? Some programs can't recognise certain fonts.

Good Luck,

Paul

[DEL]

Thanks for replying Paul.

I can't get it to work in either Paint Shop Pro or Microsoft Word. This is the only font I have had any problem with so far (not that I have that many) ... I've installed it both to C:Windows/Fonts & to a separate folder in My Docs where I can open & see the font. I leave this window open then open PaintShopPro. It shows up in the dropdown list but it types as Arial.

I'm very computer illiterate so any help is very much appreciated.

[DEL]

That's actually a weird problem that I never heard of. Maybe there is some problem in the way the font was made and windows XP can't see it. Why don't you post it here and I can test it out as I have XP.

Good Luck,

paul

[DEL]

I hope I've attached it ok ....

[DEL]

I forgot to mention .... someone from a group I belong to did something to the one I've sent you and so the one I'm attaching here is the one I was talking about in my original reply. This is the one that can be viewed when opened but not used (forgot to mention also - this one can be used in Photo Shop apparently) .... the previous one comes up " not a valid file"

I hope I'm making sense here.

that's weird... i just tested it on my win XP and just like you said... it shows up in the preview but when i use it in Word it shows up as arial. I bet it has something to do with the complexity of the font. Word is just no able to handle so many curves... Unlike professionla program like Photoshop.

[DEL]

Just thought I'd let you know it does work in win 98, ME & 2000.

As you say ..... "weird" .... thanks for all the trouble you went through for me. It is appreciated. Guess I'd better go and hunt up another font.

[DEL]

i just tried it; it's like you said. I thought that it maybe showed up as arial in the font list but showed up correctly when typed. Some of the fonts I have do that or else they show up as Times New Roman. Too bad as it's a gorgeous font... did you try re-downloading it from someplace else and re-installing it?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing