[DEL]

first off...is there such a thing?

i did an exhaustive search, and kept noticing something called 'MSGothic' and 'Mincho', but whenever there was a d/l link it came up empty!!

does anyone know, if such a thing exists, where i can d/l a japanese &/or chinese ttf?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

[email]thevickk@hotmail.com[/email]

thanks, theVICK

[DEL]

not a very busy placer here is it??

[DEL]

The fonts you've found are Chinese/ Japanese right away.

But they are Unicode-Fonts and about 3-5 MB.

Your OS has to support Unicode-Fonts before installing.

I don't like them, so I never installed one.

Look for information on MS's site or use a search engine with "unicode fonts".

Ute

[DEL]

thanks...i'll do some checking into the whole thing.

your reply is graciously appreciated!!

theVICK

[DEL]

Are you looking fonts that actualy have chinnese and japanese carictors (kanji) or a font that when typed is the latin alphabet that looks like chinese and japenes carectors let me know i have both types. and if you let me know what they would be used for would be able to recomend. e.g Bold, Thin, scrit type, block etc.

BiG

:D

[DEL]

Check out this site it's just a taste of what is avliable.

[URL=http://moorstation.org/typoasis/asia/asf1.html]asian simulation and asian actual[/URL]

BiG

[DEL]

actual chinese/japanese characters.

i want to have, for instance, the words 'global vision' denoted by chinese/japanese characters/alphabet/symbols.

is that clear as mud, or what?:D

please let me know if something like this is possible!

thankfuly,

[DEL]

Well my friend the chinese do not have as we in the world of the west a thing as a alphabet. they use a system of strokes to denote words or sounds to be joined that in turn can mean completely diffrent words so unless you know

1) what the words you want are in chinese ( be it cantonese or mandarin the main dilects among several hundred in china) or the charaters that would make the sounds of the words in english (sound simulation). I would stay clear of this line of thought.

2) The japanese have also a charater based writen form almost the same as chinese but also have a second form of writing called Kanji which is used to make the sounds of western words which they have no actual japanese meanings such as brand names.

take the this not as a step back but as a step in the right direction it may be easier to find some one to write out what you need and then take it from there. But be worned that in both chinese and japanese there is one indavidual charecter for every word in the language. and these words cannot be broken down into letters as we know it. Its more than a font thing. you can't just get a chinese font and type in the charcters as they apear on your key board and spell out what you want, it would't make any sense, not phoneticly or in the actual language.

My final advise find a simulation font its where that latin alphabet takes on the shapes and almost looks oriental, much quiker.

GooD Luck

BiG

[DEL]

You're wrong. There does exist a text input system. If you really did understand the Chinese/Japanese language, you would know that text can be typed on an english keyboard and transformed into Chinese/Japanese characters. They can be broken down into english sounds and then translated into Chinese/Japanese sounds, then changed into kanji. Such a program is called NJStar. There are better one's if you look harder. Sorry for the correction, but I had to get it out of my system.

[DEL]

I believe what your saying to be partially true you may get a sound equivalent not the actual word this then can get you into doggy waters, lets say you want to translate a western word via the sound for sound method how would we know that the new word in say Chinese does not mean "CHICKEN FRIDGE" pure gibberish but yes if you use a dictionary type program for actual western words you will get the word for word translation but again be warned as the words put together may not have the same impact trust me on this I know.

Get the company name translated professionally.

my last word is look to the future because i am back.....

:cool:

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing