reply   forum
    re: BURTON'S NIGHTMARE TTF for Windowz 2000
    Jul 2nd, 2006 / quote / 71.208.*.2*
    hello all! i have a windows xp but still could not download/use the Burton's Nightmare font, so i went on a google search! i found a free, (yes, FREE) link/font that actually works on my computer, and it is the true NBC font.... best of luck to everybody!
    site moderator Schwalbenkoenig
    Jul 4th, 2006 / quote / 80.120.*.9*
    If someone is interested: The commercial font for Burton's nightmare seems to be (a modified?) P22 Victorian Swash.
    site moderator Heron2001
    Jul 4th, 2006 / quote / 64.203.*.1*
    Swallow - they knew that back in 2002 - when they were pricing it... (see Ellen's response, two up from yours...)

Meanwhile, I wonder if they problem back in 2002 was they weren't un"zipping" or un"stuffing" the font... LOL
    site moderator Schwalbenkoenig
    Jul 4th, 2006 / quote / 80.120.*.9*
    Oh, yes, I see. Thank you Jackie. And I'm sure they tried to install a zip-file as a TTF-font. :-D
    site moderator koeiekat
    Apr 6th, 2007 / quote / 88.22.*.1*
    And there you see, and old thread has it's uses:
    The problem with Burton's Nightmare and the likes is that in the metrics the unique font identifier is not included. Up till Win98 Windows Font Viewer ignored that and opened the font. As from Win2000 this changed.
    The solution is simple: give the font a unique identifier - normally the type name or the typeface name and ... Bingo!

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Forgot password?