Login / register
    reply   forum
    is this the new forum?
    Lvanett
    May 20th, 2006 / quote /
    And is the old one gone?
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 20th, 2006 / quote /
    Read my discussion with Alex. It looks like we have to start all over again. Sad are the people that have to live without a history.
    Join me in putting some pressure on Alex that he keeps our history accessible, please. I need all the support I can get.
    site moderator alex
    May 21st, 2006 / quote /
    pressure = pressure + 1
    site moderator Schwalbenkoenig
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    pressure plus 2.
    (Count that for the KKat!;-))

It is really, REALLY sad, that in 2 weeks the histories of 2 huge font-forum-archives are gone. Please don't tell me that it's true.

And I'm always nice to cats. One is named "Figo" and the second is named "Nuño". And - no - it wasn't me who came up with the names.
    site moderator Heron2001
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    Kat -

Glad to see you are alive and well...

And though I am a dog person - I have one little Lucy cat in the house now...
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    «It is really, REALLY sad, that in 2 weeks the histories of 2 huge font-forum-archives are gone. Please don't tell me that it's true.» wrote the swallow.

Looks like open source was too vulnerable to hacking attempts. Or maybe Alex just wanted to develop his own software. Only Alex knows. For sure one day he will tell us. Anyway the way he described the open source forum software could in no way be considered a compliment. It couldn't even be considered sarcastic or even ironic. And, what Rodolphe is doing? Who knows? Just a short line of explanation would have been nice. Both here and there.

From an email discussion with Alex about the history of this forum these quotes:
    «... old forum is gone forever, at least for now, ...» and
    «... you are correct. i will make an effort of recovering the knowledge burried with the old, insecure, 3rd party, ** $#$%^*(^@!#$) ** (not to be revealed to the world) of a forum.»

Also see the thread with my discussion with Alex:
    «THING!!
    --- The history has gone. Many things that already have been answered now can not be referred to anymore. Can you keep the old forum up as read-only?»

In short I can/must accept that Alex doesn't want to keep an insecure - vulnerable forum up. Too many attacks. But keeping it up as read-only should be possible. Not the nicest of all solutions, true, but at least a solution.

Or am I the only one who believes that a people without a history maybe a bunch of people but are not a people.

Anyone out there supports me?

... nice to see you here heron ...

(Alex, enjoy your holiday today out there in that cabin in the middle of nowhere).
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    Well, you already have my vote, KKat. I'm always with the history.

For the other forum: Rodolphe had also had big problems with external attacks. He explained it (shortly) while the whole site was down (and a substitute-page was installed temporarily). Unfortunately this line was dropped, when the site reopened. But, well, he is the Grand-Sacheem...

PS: I explained the whole situation to you at the former Abstract-forum, but, well, it was wiped out - alas.
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    i am with both of my dog-loving, cat-tolerant paws for having the knowledge preserved. at least because those links pointing out the commercial fonts could generate some MUCH needed revenue.

all im saying there are many many things that i am working on that have a slightly higher priority. as soon asi can i will be working on restoring and adding the old messages into this forum. it will become searchable, readable, not editable since the usernames will not be preserved.

i need to add pagination to the forum index page, its own slightly more detailed search, not just on the font search page, design some robotic DNAs for my AI masters degree, work on a couple of the site projects im involved, go up north fishing, youstart getting the picture.. :)

to clarify, i am a FULL supporter of open source. I was mistaken if i called the old forum open source. it was was probably the ONLY COMMERCIAL 3d party software on my Linux server, with 1000s of programs, all open source and extremely reliable, updated nightly, etc.

Having 3rd party forum meant separate memberships for AF and AF Forum, that is ridiculous on its own. The list of reasons goes on.

all said, the forum history is moving up in priority, that is for sure.
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    imported, but no usernames.... how much does that bother you guys?

btw, can the quoting should be fixed for everyone, not only the superuser.
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    @alex:imported, but no usernames.... how much does that bother you guys?

btw, can the quoting should be fixed for everyone, not only the superuser.

Last things first - as usual - Quoting works! Good!!

Imported but no usernames. Are you suggesting that we might see one day [over here that would mean a day, but no certainty about which year or decenium] what has been written ... but not by whom? Isn't it possible to include these names? I think I understand the problem with having to log-in for AF and the forum seperately and I tend to agree that that would be ridiculous. But is it really impossible to keep the old forum up as an archive? Searchable? Who said what about what, when?

Other thing, Alex, I can not see some background info anymore. Not urgent but it did help.

btw, can I have the fish?
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    Other thing, Alex, I can not see some background info anymore. Not urgent but it did help.

what type of background info are you referring to?

i will be working on restoring usernames, but i will only do that on request, since i don't know the AF -> AF Forum username connections unless the user tells me.

So please, in this thread, request for me to assign the old forum posts to your new, or existing new forum username. Provide your old username and the new username.
    )O(The Cat)O(
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    Looks like a hard time for type forums :P

Hi guys, )O(The Cat)O( here...
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    yes... but at this time i think it was a coincedence with dafont.

you guys know what the deal was with that other big font archive forum? :)

cats seem to be taking over as well :D
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    @alex:... in this thread, request for me to assign the old forum posts to your new, or existing new forum username. Provide your old username and the new username.
    Hmm, how about koeiekat vs koeiekat?

@alex:what type of background info are you referring to?
    mod info, rings a bell?
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:
    mod info, rings a bell?

not at all :|

i didnt really explore the options of the other forum. what kind of things were there, if you could refresh me?
    site moderator alex
    May 22nd, 2006 / quote /
    kat has its legacy restored, anyone else?
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @)O(The Cat)O(:Looks like a hard time for type forums :P

Hi guys, )O(The Cat)O( here...

Helloooo, TheCat. Nice to see you alive.

Sorry Alex, I really don't know what you two (KKat vs Alex) are talkingabout...
    site moderator alex
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @Schwalben Koenig:
    Sorry Alex, I really don't know what you two (KKat vs Alex) are talkingabout...

were you registered for the old forum? if you were, what was your username with that forum.

If you give me your old username i will be able to re-assign the posts that i have restored to be yours, as right now they are all posted from me as the usernames in the old forum dont match the usernames in the new.

not sure if this was less confusing...
    site moderator Heron2001
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    Alex,

Let's just say you are now being invaded by the English side of Dafont!
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    Alex,
    I registered on March 30 with the username Schwalbenkoenig. But the most important part would be to restore Koeiekats postings as she was the most diligent poster here. ;-)
    Lvanett
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    Hi Alex, Kat and all....

I've been sick (allergies?) for the past few days so I didn't get a chance to respond.

Thanx for letting me know about the forum...I had a different username there (Lynda V.E.) but one thing I wanted to say: I think being able to access this new forum with the same username instead of having to create another one is a good idea. I remember thinking it seemed weird that I couldn't access the forum with my member ID. Ah well. :)

BTW Kat, I am very nice to cats....so nice that my mom & I adopt only rescued cats & kittens. She has 5 and I have 2. Hers were strays found near her home, mine were barn kittens. All are now healthy, happy, and very affectionate! My mom's 5 are made up of 2 sets: 3 from 1 litter, age 7 and two from another litter and mama, age 2 1/2. Mine are 6 1/2 and from a completely different area.
    site moderator alex
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @Heron2001:Alex,

Let's just say you are now being invaded by the English side of Dafont!

good, good :D welcome :) stay a while
    site moderator alex
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @Schwalben Koenig:Alex,
    I registered on March 30 with the username Schwalbenkoenig. But the most important part would be to restore Koeiekats postings as she was the most diligent poster here. ;-)

i HAVE restored them already, just waiting for more people to request that restoration. you are next.

I am sorry but i could not find an account in the old forum user list matching "Schwalbenkoenig", was it this year? do you have a registration email that you could forward to me? my email is: alex at abstracfonts com
    site moderator alex
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @Lynda V.E.:Thanx for letting me know about the forum...I had a different username there (Lynda V.E.)

i need to know what your username was in the old forum so i can transfer all those posts to your new username.
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @alex:@koeiekat:
    mod info, rings a bell?

not at all :|

i didnt really explore the options of the other forum. what kind of things were there, if you could refresh me?

I was moderator. Remember?
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    Alex, I forwarded you the old email-confirmation of my account. By the way. the confirmation e-mail of the new forum has the address alex { a t } abstarctfonts dot com. Maybe you want to change this typo. Or is this on purpose?
    site moderator alex
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    the confirmation email of the forum or the site membership? i cannot seem to locate where i have that typo.

btw, your (kat,schwalben, lynda) histories were restored.
    Lvanett
    May 23rd, 2006 / quote /
    @alex:@Lynda V.E.:Thanx for letting me know about the forum...I had a different username there (Lynda V.E.)

i need to know what your username was in the old forum so i can transfer all those posts to your new username.

I was going to say I wasn't sure, but since you said my history was restored I guess that doesn't matter now. LOL :) THANX!
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 28th, 2006 / quote /
    Alex, what is this urbanfonts forum thing?
    site moderator alex
    May 28th, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:Alex, what is this urbanfonts forum thing?

im confused... who's alex? is that abstract fonts that meant when 'AF' is mentioned in the all the legal mumbo jumbo forum post? is this a case of creative content generation?

is that your question as well?
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    You are not the only one who is confused. So am I. That is why I asked.

Trough a Google ad link on this forum I stumble on urbanfonts.com. Never heard of, so I go there to have a sniff and see they have a forum. First impression, must be brand new because there are hardly any threads. Then I see that all threads started after May 20, 2006 but some have already more that 35 posts. Not bad for a brand new forum. Curious as I am I also open my other eye and see that these 35 posts all have the same date and are posted within 8 hours. I get more curious and start digging.

What do I find? An excerpt of the former Abstractfonts forum. Messed up a bit and fancy user names but exactly the same posts. I find Liana (l-goldenquill). I find Tørnquist (nicknamed by me as the Viking and occasionally as Tweetybird). I find whole discussions between the three of us. Yet posts by the same person under different names.

So, I wonder; what is this?? So I ask: Alex, what is this urbanfonts forum thing?

The Alex in this question is Alex the webmaster of Abstractfonts.com. Is Alex who buried the old forum. Is Alex Chum.., Mississauga.

So, Alex, I ask again, why is there a forum on urbanfonts.com that is a messed-up copy of a part of this (Abstractfonts) forum?

Compare these:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/30995/7091#post7091

and

http://www.urbanfonts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3 (ignore the first two posts in this thread). and jump to http://www.urbanfonts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3&page=2

At the urbanfonts forum
    'barrelt' aka 'byson' is hitesh.mehta.
    'bullish' [how appropriate] aka 'chris' aka 'dodo' aka 'fox' is me, koeiekat.
    'devon' aka 'falcon' aka 'ivan' is l_goldenquill [liana].
    'gilman' is Tørnquist [the 'ø' never showed on Abstractfonts, remember the discussion about that?].
    site moderator alex
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    brutal

the guy, "brandon", has asked me to exchange links. i agreed but after i checked out his site, first impressions:

1. "almost 8000" fonts, kinda what i used to say, almost 10,000 fonts.
    2. Fontaholic!!! who except for AF had that joke feature?
    3. Category names are dead similar
    4. generation of dynamic images takes exact same parameters as mine (custom-coded, not available for everyone)

list goes on... now the forum... even the main forum's id is 2.. as in forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2... just like fontomania's forum id before i took that one down.

i think the link to the urbanfonts is going down. this is a little too much...

his reaction:

Well, being a font site we will have some shared features, but if you browse
    through the site, and click on the fonts, you'll notice that we don't have
    as many similarities as you think.... if anything, I'm much closer to what
    some commercial font foundries look like. No, I didn't look at your site for
    inspiration or try to copy it in any way.

and later

It's purely coincidental - our sites do not look alike whatsoever - you're
    referring to technical things that are common to many sites, I swear I
    didn't copy your site.

what do you think? or am i just being a little selfish and should turn another cheek?
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    URBANFONTS.COM:
    Checking server [whois.opensrs.net]

Results:
    Registrant:
    Urbanfonts
    P.O. Box 14332
    Bakersfield, CA 93311
    us

Domain name: URBANFONTS.COM
    Administrative Contact:
    Inc., Freestyle Networks info@urbanfonts.com
    P.O. Box 14332
    Bakersfield, CA 93311
    us
    +1.4165647516

Technical Contact:
    Administrator, DNS dnsadmin@mediatemple.net
    4640 Lankershim Blvd.
    4th Floor - Suite (mt)
    N. Hollywood, CA 91602
    US
    +1.8005784000 Fax: +1.8183012774

Registration Service Provider:
    (mt) Media Temple, dnsadmin@mediatemple.net
    877-578-4000
    818-301-2774 (fax)
    http://www.mediatemple.net/go/support/

To make contact, or to request technical support please first visit the
    (mt) AccountCenter: http://www.mediatemple.net/go/support/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 26-May-2006.
    Record expires on 14-Dec-2006.
    Record created on 14-Dec-2004.

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.MEDIATEMPLE.NET 64.207.129.18
    NS2.MEDIATEMPLE.NET 64.207.128.18

Domain status: ACTIVE

Urbanfonts not only copied the Abstractfonts.com site concept but to make it look grown up it copied [part of] the forum too. Where I come from this is called theft of intelectual property. An economical delict with a maximum of 3 years in prison and fines up to € 250.000.

Sue the guy!

I've set a spider at the urbanfonts forum. Let's see what can be collected.
    site moderator alex
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    hmmm.. just like the stolen thread on his site stated, im a little guy, who will go bankrupt half-way through the legal proceedings, whichever side i happen to be on.

the best i can hope for is ppl recognizing who the real deal is.
    Lvanett
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    Might be a good idea to pull up some of the older threads from this site, that urbanfonts copied, and show them how they looked HERE, so folks can see. Especially those with Alex posting in them, so they can see any similarities and/or changes.
    site moderator alex
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    also, make sure we dont give him "bad" publicity as well, since there is no such thing as bad publicity

just stop talking about it... tell ppl about it when/if it comes up but do not promote, link or mention it in anyway...

also, another GREAT help would be you guys emailing the site owners if you notice that they link to urban.
    site moderator alex
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    the explanation is coming from urban fonts in a new thread, soon, as promised

here is an explanation: http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/31927/9265#post9265
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 29th, 2006 / quote /
    @Lynda V.E.:Might be a good idea to pull up some of the older threads from this site, that urbanfonts copied, and show them how they looked HERE, so folks can see. Especially those with Alex posting in them, so they can see any similarities and/or changes.

After my last post I and before I had to go out I sent the spider out. The spider did his job well and brought home a copy of the forum as was. WAS. I checked a few minutes ago when I came home and that forum is now clean.

@alex:... also, another GREAT help would be you guys emailing the site owners if you notice that they link to urban.

Last post on that forum was:

I can not log in anymore so I must assume that this is true.

I'll keep watching.
    May 30th, 2006 / quote /
    @alex:the confirmation email of the forum or the site membership? i cannot seem to locate where i have that typo.

Alex: It was in the E-Mail with the header "Abstract Fonts Member Password". It definitely has the adress alex (at) abstarctfonts.com
    site moderator alex
    May 30th, 2006 / quote /
    @Schwalben Koenig:
    Alex: It was in the E-Mail with the header "Abstract Fonts Member Password". It definitely has the adress alex (at) abstarctfonts.com

oooooh, THAT one! :)

thank you very much!! fixed
    Inb0x Posting
    May 30th, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:
    What do I find? An excerpt of the former Abstractfonts forum. Messed up a bit and fancy user names but exactly the same posts. I find Liana (l-goldenquill). I find Tørnquist (nicknamed by me as the Viking and occasionally as Tweetybird). I find whole discussions between the three of us. Yet posts by the same person under different names.

So, I wonder; what is this?? So I ask: Alex, what is this urbanfonts forum thing?

The Alex in this question is Alex the webmaster of Abstractfonts.com. Is Alex who buried the old forum. Is Alex Chum.., Mississauga.

So, Alex, I ask again, why is there a forum on urbanfonts.com that is a messed-up copy of a part of this (Abstractfonts) forum?

Compare these:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/30995/7091#post7091

and

http://www.urbanfonts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3 (ignore the first two posts in this thread). and jump to http://www.urbanfonts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3&page=2

At the urbanfonts forum
    'barrelt' aka 'byson' is hitesh.mehta.
    'bullish' [how appropriate] aka 'chris' aka 'dodo' aka 'fox' is me, koeiekat.
    'devon' aka 'falcon' aka 'ivan' is l_goldenquill [liana].
    'gilman' is Tørnquist [the 'ø' never showed on Abstractfonts, remember the discussion about that?].

This is Ed from Inb0x and I am trying to get to the bottom of this as I have writers working for me who have been implicated in plaigarism, but there is no longer a forum at Urban Fonts for me to locate the writers in question.

Can you tell me what usernames were posting the stolen content? I am confused by your post - was 'barrelt' and 'bullish' and 'devon' the usernames? If so these are not my writers at all.

The users I had working on Urban Fonts were:
    Melos
    Chameleon
    Whirling Dervish
    felice206
    Slashmire
    OneofaKind

I'm sorry to be beating a dead horse, but when my business reputation is on the line I need to get to the bottom of the problem. We have done over 30,000 posts and never been accused of plaigarism.

If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Ed Rooney
    admin@inb0x.com
    Inb0x Posting
    May 30th, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:@Lynda V.E.:Might be a good idea to pull up some of the older threads from this site, that urbanfonts copied, and show them how they looked HERE, so folks can see. Especially those with Alex posting in them, so they can see any similarities and/or changes.

After my last post I and before I had to go out I sent the spider out. The spider did his job well and brought home a copy of the forum as was. WAS. I checked a few minutes ago when I came home and that forum is now clean.

@alex:... also, another GREAT help would be you guys emailing the site owners if you notice that they link to urban.

Last post on that forum was:

I can not log in anymore so I must assume that this is true.

I'll keep watching.

YOU HAVE A COPY OF THE FORUM? I would LOVE to see this as it would end all my questions. I need to know which of my writers was responsible.

Ed
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 31st, 2006 / quote /
    No need to shout, nor to question. I said "The spider did his job well and brought home a copy". The meaning of that ought to be clear. If not, please correct my English. This week I am collecting airmiles. When home next week I'll further comment on this. In the mean time do not doubt what has been written. The Kat is thorough as the Swallow might confirm.
    Inb0x Posting
    May 31st, 2006 / quote /
    Kat -

My use of all caps was out of delight - not yelling. By re-reading your post and by looking at the cache Google has of the Urban Fonts site :

[url=http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:QTKASedvXBQJ:www.urbanfonts.com/forum/forumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2 site:www.urbanfonts.com&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=3]cached

And by viewing the Google Desktop Search Results of one of the writers "implicated' I am becoming more and more convinced that my writers merely replied to content ripped by someone else.

None of the names you mentioned for stolen threads were started by my writers. My writers unknowingly replied to stolen content is the picture I am beginning to get. If you can please verify this I would greatly appreciate it as my business has been targeted as "the culprit" in what amounts - truly - to a crime of theft.

Although I took public responsibility and apologized I did so with no evidence other than the word of my client. Because I needed to discover who the "bad apple" was I have been digging into this ever since. I am now convinced this ws not the work of my writers and would appreciate an affirmative or negative from you as both my professional and personal reputations are on the line.

Thank you,
    Ed Rooney
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    The Kat is thorough as the Swallow might confirm.

Confirmed by the Swallow.

Mr. Rooney, I think you'll have to wait unfortunately for a few days until dear KKat comes bacck from a business trip. But then, I am sure, she will help you with anything to clear the fogs.
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    Oh yes, now I see: http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/31938

So not urbanfonts nor inb0x nor their employees were the rotten apples, but some other company. Shame on them ...
    site moderator alex
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    i hope you are being sarcastic, swallow.

when a company hires and employee and that employee builds a faulty house that collapses and kills a person, the company is held responsibile and gets sued.

so far there hasnt been anything but finger pointing by the company at the emplyee(s).
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    Well, not necessarily, dear Alex, in my opinion. Did you read the link in my last post? There Brandon from urbanfonts explained it: "Unfortunately, I wrongly accused inb0x.com while another company I hired was in fact responsible for these posts and for copying Alex%u2019s content. They eventually admitted this to me this evening. "
    So if a company hires some other professional company for building a house it is the usual term "act bona fide" that he can trust, they will build it properly. You can't control every brick.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding as english is obviously not my native language.
    site moderator alex
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    if you contract work out, to a professional or not, you are vicariously liable. the guys posted for him, the least he could do is read what they wrote.

i have been conversing with this guy forever, and the story has changed MULTIPLE times. How come this never came up sooner? what is the name of the OTHER company? Why would you hire 2 companies to do the same stuff, anyway?

im trying to get to the bottom of this without getting too attached to any of the accused, just yet.
    Jun 1st, 2006 / quote /
    Ok, that's a point.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Jun 4th, 2006 / quote /
    @UrbanFonts:Kat: please contact Brandon at info@urbanfonts.com

I don't see the need for a private conversation. The spider did his job. 25 of the 40 threads on the UFforum were copied from the AFforum. I couldn't care less who you want to hold responsible for that. You are. Whoever did it. The claw points at you. And at nobody else.
    Now, this may seem a case between you and Abstractfonts. But it isn't just that. It is also between you and me and the one that feeds me. You have [had] copied, not quoted within context, my posts without my consent. Without even asking me. Now understand me well; only me and the one that feeds me decide where post written by me will be published. Not you. What you did [had done] is beyond plain shameful plagiarism. It is piracy, theft.

You were willing to pay for posts appearing on your forum. So that is what I and the one that feeds me demand from you. The fee is 50 Euro per post. Payable to the Anidan charity. Their Spanish bank account number is here.

You, and everybody else can see on the restored Urbanfonts forum pages how many of my posts ended on the Urbanfonts forum pages. So the total fee is easy to calculate. Don't hesitate. Count, transfer the money and we can consider this ended. That is, between me, the one that feeds me and you.

How to solve your problem with Abstractfonts.com? That is between you and Alex. If I were Alex I would think I was upset. Maybe even anoyed. My claw would reach far ...
    site moderator alex
    Jun 4th, 2006 / quote /
    i know i should, and i was at the fact that i allowed to be convinced a couple of times. my trust is very expensive, he won't have enough money to buy it.

i did SUGGEST a donation to AF.

i'm cool as long as it is fair in the end and i think that we have exposed the truth.

PS WOW You, and everybody else can see on the restored Urbanfonts forum pages how many of my posts ended on the Urbanfonts forum pages
    extensive and quite telling... is the kat guilty of admiring the law? thank you for your dilligence and thoroughness, spidering WAS great idea!
    site moderator koeiekat
    Jun 4th, 2006 / quote /
    I understand your wish for a donation to Abstractfonts. That, however is between you and the brandon. We, me and the one that feeds me, demand a payment to adinan.org. They NEED the money.
    actionfonts
    Jun 5th, 2006 / quote /
    funny thread !!! ;)

My forum was also hit by this fool from UrbanFonts (or whoever the hell they call themselves) just the other day.

He made a post on our forum - and then there were five replies to that post within 3 minutes ... all with different names. When i checked the IP, it turned out (suprise, suprise) that they were all from the same ip address ! Posts were made by him under the names of: Falcon, Danica, Ava, Ivan ...

(By the way, our forum was chugging away quite nicely till it exploded and we lost ALL the data -- aaahhh !)

Good luck with the new AbstractFonts!

cheers
    Jamie

ActionFonts.com
    site moderator alex
    Jun 5th, 2006 / quote /
    what a way to start, eh? ;)

also, is it not suspicious that dafont, mine, yours, maybe other websites are being affected in a negatory(i do know how to say it properly) way? it happens but it has been on the rise recently, it seems

Jamie, we seem to have lost link exchange in the re-design. im going to add a link to your site in a few mins.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Jun 5th, 2006 / quote /
    See, Alex, why I would like to be able to see the IPs again?

Jamie, those names are exactly the same as the ones used on the urbanfonts forum. Can I have that IP address please? Preferably here in this thread. Thank you.
    actionfonts
    Jun 6th, 2006 / quote /
    yeah, I would if I could mate ...

unfortunately, I deleted these bogus posts as soon as I detected them. The usernames / signup dates are still visible on the forum though ....

cheers
    Jamie

Site Admin
    ActionFonts.com
    site moderator koeiekat
    Jun 6th, 2006 / quote /
    You know what? This UFforum thing is a really weird one. Normally the it running a forum wants as many posts as possible, right? Not this thing. Just 2 ignorant little posts and the thing is closed again. Maybe I shouldn't use my name? Should I pick some akas? Like Falcon, Danica, Ava, Ivan ... ? Let methink I have the feeling I know some more ... maybe claw is not the best one? I don't know yet. Maybe Paradise by the dashboard light - Part 2 does the trick. Yawn ...
    site moderator alex
    Jun 6th, 2006 / quote /
    @koeiekat:You know what? This UFforum thing is a really weird one.

indeed... [url=http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&hs=DU4&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=G&q=%22www.urbanfonts.com%22]google search

searching for his url shows 472 results...

ok here it is: that was his marketing strategy... post all over the net fake font request conversations , thus getting "talked about" getting links to his site, with great keywords, etc. Move up in google, and populartiy as a result... he is starting to do very well on some top sites as well... it is paying off

PS we should continue in the other thread (http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/31938/) as it applies to urban fonts directly instead of "new forum". also that is the number 1 result on google for "www.urbanfonts.com"
    site moderator alex
    Jun 7th, 2006 / quote /
    sure, let me know when there are 0 stolen posts left.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Jun 10th, 2006 / quote / 213.169.*.9*
    Read this thread.

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Register

Name
    Email
    Password

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?
    VigLink banner