And is the old one gone?

Read my discussion with Alex. It looks like we have to start all over again. Sad are the people that have to live without a history.

Join me in putting some pressure on Alex that he keeps our history accessible, please. I need all the support I can get.

pressure = pressure + 1

pressure plus 2.

(Count that for the KKat!;-))

It is really, REALLY sad, that in 2 weeks the histories of 2 huge font-forum-archives are gone. Please don't tell me that it's true.

And I'm always nice to cats. One is named "Figo" and the second is named "Nuño". And - no - it wasn't me who came up with the names.

Kat -

Glad to see you are alive and well...

And though I am a dog person - I have one little Lucy cat in the house now...

«It is really, REALLY sad, that in 2 weeks the histories of 2 huge font-forum-archives are gone. Please don't tell me that it's true.» wrote the swallow.

Looks like open source was too vulnerable to hacking attempts. Or maybe Alex just wanted to develop his own software. Only Alex knows. For sure one day he will tell us. Anyway the way he described the open source forum software could in no way be considered a compliment. It couldn't even be considered sarcastic or even ironic. And, what Rodolphe is doing? Who knows? Just a short line of explanation would have been nice. Both here and there.

From an email discussion with Alex about the history of this forum these quotes:

«... old forum is gone forever, at least for now, ...» and

«... you are correct. i will make an effort of recovering the knowledge burried with the old, insecure, 3rd party, ** $#$%^*(^@!#$) ** (not to be revealed to the world) of a forum.»

Also see the thread with my discussion with Alex:

«THING!!

--- The history has gone. Many things that already have been answered now can not be referred to anymore. Can you keep the old forum up as read-only?»

In short I can/must accept that Alex doesn't want to keep an insecure - vulnerable forum up. Too many attacks. But keeping it up as read-only should be possible. Not the nicest of all solutions, true, but at least a solution.

Or am I the only one who believes that a people without a history maybe a bunch of people but are not a people.

Anyone out there supports me?

... nice to see you here heron ...

(Alex, enjoy your holiday today out there in that cabin in the middle of nowhere).

Well, you already have my vote, KKat. I'm always with the history.

For the other forum: Rodolphe had also had big problems with external attacks. He explained it (shortly) while the whole site was down (and a substitute-page was installed temporarily). Unfortunately this line was dropped, when the site reopened. But, well, he is the Grand-Sacheem...

PS: I explained the whole situation to you at the former Abstract-forum, but, well, it was wiped out - alas.

i am with both of my dog-loving, cat-tolerant paws for having the knowledge preserved. at least because those links pointing out the commercial fonts could generate some MUCH needed revenue.

all im saying there are many many things that i am working on that have a slightly higher priority. as soon asi can i will be working on restoring and adding the old messages into this forum. it will become searchable, readable, not editable since the usernames will not be preserved.

i need to add pagination to the forum index page, its own slightly more detailed search, not just on the font search page, design some robotic DNAs for my AI masters degree, work on a couple of the site projects im involved, go up north fishing, youstart getting the picture.. :)

to clarify, i am a FULL supporter of open source. I was mistaken if i called the old forum open source. it was was probably the ONLY COMMERCIAL 3d party software on my Linux server, with 1000s of programs, all open source and extremely reliable, updated nightly, etc.

Having 3rd party forum meant separate memberships for AF and AF Forum, that is ridiculous on its own. The list of reasons goes on.

all said, the forum history is moving up in priority, that is for sure.

imported, but no usernames.... how much does that bother you guys?

btw, can the quoting should be fixed for everyone, not only the superuser.

@alex:imported, but no usernames.... how much does that bother you guys?

btw, can the quoting should be fixed for everyone, not only the superuser.

Last things first - as usual - Quoting works! Good!!

Imported but no usernames. Are you suggesting that we might see one day [over here that would mean a day, but no certainty about which year or decenium] what has been written ... but not by whom? Isn't it possible to include these names? I think I understand the problem with having to log-in for AF and the forum seperately and I tend to agree that that would be ridiculous. But is it really impossible to keep the old forum up as an archive? Searchable? Who said what about what, when?

Other thing, Alex, I can not see some background info anymore. Not urgent but it did help.

btw, can I have the fish?

Other thing, Alex, I can not see some background info anymore. Not urgent but it did help.

what type of background info are you referring to?

i will be working on restoring usernames, but i will only do that on request, since i don't know the AF -> AF Forum username connections unless the user tells me.

So please, in this thread, request for me to assign the old forum posts to your new, or existing new forum username. Provide your old username and the new username.

Looks like a hard time for type forums :P

Hi guys, )O(The Cat)O( here...

yes... but at this time i think it was a coincedence with dafont.

you guys know what the deal was with that other big font archive forum? :)

cats seem to be taking over as well :D

@alex:[quote]... in this thread, request for me to assign the old forum posts to your new, or existing new forum username. Provide your old username and the new username.

Hmm, how about koeiekat vs koeiekat?

@alex:[quote]what type of background info are you referring to?

mod info, rings a bell?

[quote]@koeiekat:

what type of background info are you referring to?

mod info, rings a bell?[/quote]

not at all :|

i didnt really explore the options of the other forum. what kind of things were there, if you could refresh me?

kat has its legacy restored, anyone else?

[quote]@)O(The Cat)O(:Looks like a hard time for type forums :P

Hi guys, )O(The Cat)O( here...[/quote]

Helloooo, TheCat. Nice to see you alive.

Sorry Alex, I really don't know what you two (KKat vs Alex) are talkingabout...

[quote]@Schwalben Koenig:

Sorry Alex, I really don't know what you two (KKat vs Alex) are talkingabout...[/quote]

were you registered for the old forum? if you were, what was your username with that forum.

If you give me your old username i will be able to re-assign the posts that i have restored to be yours, as right now they are all posted from me as the usernames in the old forum dont match the usernames in the new.

not sure if this was less confusing...

Alex,

Let's just say you are now being invaded by the English side of Dafont!

Alex,

I registered on March 30 with the username Schwalbenkoenig. But the most important part would be to restore Koeiekats postings as she was the most diligent poster here. ;-)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing